Meet Chris Carmody: One Voice Behind “Diamonds In The Air”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

It’s February and Penn State is buzzing about all things THON, especially the new original song, “Diamonds In The Air.” This song was written by two current Penn Staters, Chris Carmody and Brittany Hicks.

Name: Chris Carmody

Major: Telecommunications

Year: Junior

Hometown: Darien, CT

Twitter: @chris_carmody

HC: So word on campus is you were in a Rap Battle last semester…. How was that experience? We’re sure you totally dominated.

CC: Yes your sources are correct. Haha it was craziness. A lot of my buddies came out to support me, but I lost in a controversial semi-final battle. I’ll be back next year to take the cup.

HC: With being so involved in THON, what’s your favorite part of the weekend and favorite past memory?

CC: The whole weekend is a blast, but the first steps onto the THON floor in the BJC is something that is always a breathtaking moment.

HC: For those interested in applying to be a THON Captain, what’s some advice you would give them?

CC: I would definitely recommend all people that are considering the position to apply. It is one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve had and students who want to do more for THON should definitely put themselves out there.

HC: So since February is approaching….do you have a Valentine?

CC: Hahaha not at the moment. I like to keep my options open.

HC: Would your ideal Valentine’s Day date involve you playing your guitar and singing for someone special?

CC: I mean that’s the ultimate move. But if she took the guitar and serenaded me I would wife her on the spot.

HC: If you had the chance to perform in front of a full-capacity BJC, what song would you choose?

CC: Thrift Shop by Macklemore. Get’s the people going.

HC: Do you see yourself continuing with music in the future?

CC: Music has always been a big passion of me. I started with drums and guitar growing up, but hey I wouldn’t be opposed to a rap career.

HC: Who’s your celeb crush these days?

CC: I’m gonna have to go with Margot Robbie. Total wife material.

If you haven’t heard “Diamonds In The Air” yet, click this link to check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFGYJDYCrtw

To purchase “Diamonds In The Air” (on Itunes – very impressive) you can click the link below.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/diamonds-in-the-air-single/id786540665

Chellsy Costello is currently a senior at Penn State University majoring in Public Relations/Advertising and minoring in Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management. In her free time, she loves finding new artists to listen to, watching football, trying new recipes in the kitchen, and finding time to hit the gym. Her current and past experiences include Wenner Media, Press Here Publicity, The Nittany Lion Club, Varsity 'S' Club, Valley Magazine, and Happy Valley Communications. She hopes to land her dream job in New York City or another major city after graduation and someday hopes to travel as much as she can.
Torri Singer is an undergrad student at Penn State University. She is a broadcast journalism major and loves all things creative, so when she joined the PSU HC chapter she knew it was right up her alley. Her favorite topics to cover include lifestyle, pop culture, relationships and current events. When she isn't writing or editing she loves trying her hand at photography and recently won second place in the national Society of Professional Journalism award for her photography coverage of Hurricane Sandy. Torri is currently interning in New York City in the creative services department of WPIX Chanel 11 News as well as writing editorial pieces for The Two River Times Newspaper in New  Jersey. After graduation she hopes to be heading to live in New York City, her favorite place in the world.