This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Attention ladies: stop getting lost in the sauce and start getting lost in the gloss! I’ve recently come to terms that I have an unhealthy obsession with Glossier Cosmetics – haven’t heard of it? Luckily, I’m here to rave about their products and give you the 411.           

For those who don’t know what exactly Glossier is, it’s a store based in New York City that sells cosmetics; however, this isn’t another Sephora. Glossier has its own showroom that sells their products and their products only! The store is entirely pink with minimalist vibes (employees even wear light pink jumpsuits!) and they are eager to help you find the product that’ll make you feel good. What makes this experience so magical is that they treat you like royalty; they only allow a few people into the showroom at a time, thus making you feel extra special as you prepare to test any one of their products. Not going to New York City anytime soon? Fear not! Their online store is just as magical. While living in State College is totally rad, Glossier products are not a local luxury – thank God for the Internet! The online store nicely displays its products, along with sets that group different products together to look and feel nice. After some online browsing, I finally made the decision to purchase five lovely products!

The first item in my cart was a liquid blush, or as Glossier calls it, “cloud paint.” I bought two different shades, “beam” and “puff,” both of which are less bold than the others; I liked these best because I prefer a blended look compared to a bold. At first, I was nervous to use them as I was unfamiliar with liquid blush, but after watching Glossier’s Instagram stories, I knew to apply it gently with my finger to get a nice even blend. After squeezing a bit on my hand and dabbing it with my fingers, I applied it to my cheeks and it glided right onto my cheekbones – smooth as could be! It was so easy to apply and felt amazing.

Next, I decided to try the glossier lipstick, or as Glossier calls it, “Generation G” – even the name is glamorous. I bought the shade “Zip”, which is a bright, Taylor Swift-esque red color. What’s great about “Generation G” is that you can adjust the shade by simply changing the number of coats you put over your lips, not to mention that it’s long lasting. And of course, I had to buy their lip gloss – this is the product of the century people! I know, I know – dramatic – but in all honesty, this is not your middle school lip gloss; this is life-changing! Something as simple as lip gloss made me feel glammed up and ready for anything. It’s not sticky or heavy, and it makes your lips look plump and shiny! One little tube does all of this. It’s perfect for class, a dinner with friends, or even your most fancy occasions; it does it all! It’s something so simple and so pretty that’s a great finish for any look. After trying on all these products, I needed to wash them away – I know, so sad. That’s when the Glossier’s milky jelly cleanser came in handy. I never had super bad skin – until I came to college. Now I break out all the time; it’s not drastic but no one wants breakouts. This cleanser cleared up my skin, but didn’t dry it out. Instead, my makeup washed off, my skin was clean, and my face felt soft and moisturized! Glossier’s motto is even “skin first, makeup second.”

Ladies, I promise that buying one of the products I recommended will brighten your day; there is nothing to lose! All of their products are great for your skin and make you look fabulous. Buy the basics then glam out with Glossier; it’s so fun and exciting to use these light and girly products to add to a minimum makeup look. If you love makeup – or even if you don’t –  and want to try some new products that will give you a natural look, then Glossier is definitely for you!

Cheers to Glossier – we LOVE ya!             

Catie is a sophomore at Penn State, and is super excited to be part of Her Campus this year. She is majoring in communications and thinking about minoring in English. In her free time you can catch her practicing her plies, spending hours online shopping, or face timing her friends. Follow her on Insta @catiegore!
Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.