Look Your Hottest at Summer’s Music Festivals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Some of us are still recovering from Ultra, but nonetheless more music festivals—like Coachella—are right around the corner.

We all know summer is not complete without rocking out at an outside concert—dressed in mini shorts and screaming lyrics at the top of your lungs. So, whether you are an indie rocker or house music lover, summer festivals are the place to show off your favorite summer looks.

Since summer entails warm weather and minimal clothing, I ensure minor effort is required to piece together the perfect look.

Shredded High-Waist Cutoffs: This summer, high-waist cutoffs are a super fun trend to try. Pair it with a crop top, bandeau, or bustier and you have an up-to-date look that’s perfect for an outdoor event.

Head pieces: A flowery headband worn around the crown of the head will definitely make you stand out in a large crowd.

Crochet & Fringe: Try a fringe bag, tank, or vest and pair it with a crochet top, booties, and fetching feathers in your hair. Vanessa Hudgens rocked this hippie look at Coachella in Indio, Calif.

Tie-Dye/Printed/Colored Jean Shorts: Shorts in any color and print are in this season. The metal studs on this pair make them even more perfect for a concert.

Retro two-piece: This retro look is eye-catching and ideal for an indie fest like Sasquatch in George, Wash.

Cross-body Bag: This most-loved look worn by girls of all ages remains in the spotlight this summer. Who wants to be holding a clutch or shoulder bag when they’re at a concert? Strap this bag across your body and put your hands up in the air.

Rompers & Side braids: This is such a comfortable yet flirty look and luckily there is a romper for every body type. Worn with a side braid and bright lip color, you might just be spotted by The Dave Mathews Band at the Hangout Festival in Gulf Shores, Ala.

The “Concert Bra”: Don’t be the girl stripping off her clothes during the show and jumping around in just a bra. Instead, be the girl who stands out in a bright, fun bandeau layered under a tank or paired with high-waisted shorts. You can find the “Concert Bra” at ae.com. This look will definitely be sported at the Electric Daisy Carnival this summer in New York.

Ikat Print: Ikat is summer’s go-to print. You can find it imprinted on wedges, dresses, and head wraps like this striking one. Wear it around your forehead for an even trendier look.

Crop Tops: An easy, comfortable look just right for raving for hours on end. A neon crop top can be worn over a bikini top and with bright bracelets tied up your arm.

Now that you’re wardrobe-ready for any music festival on your summer bucket list, grab your tickets and hit the lawn. After all, Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo, and Summerfest await you.