Let Your Voice Be Heard at State of State

State of State is a student-run organization that strives to spark dialogue throughout the year about Penn State’s most pressing issues culminating in an early Spring Conference. In this yearlong push, State of State will hold several mini panels to get the conversation going.

This Wednesday, October 28, State of State will hold their second panel of the year in an attempt to stimulate a critical and necessary discussion on the various facets of Greek life.

Speakers for the event include Dina Liberatore (Assistant Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life), Rick Groves (President of IFC), Alisha Jaggi (Sigma Sigma Rho Sorority), Bill Postufka (VP for Risk Management Relations of IFC) and Brandon Rittenhouse (2015 Homecoming Executive Director).

They will discuss a variety of topics ranging from philanthropy, sexual assault, the Multicultural Greek Council, borough and fraternity relations as well as Greek involvement in Homecoming. The panel will also include a Q&A in order to hear the positions and thoughts of its audience!

Be certain to have your voice heard at, “Greek Life and Penn State: A Critical Discussion,” panel this Wednesday, October 28 at 7 p.m. in 117 Henderson Building. On behalf of State of State, we hope to see you there!

If you would like to learn more about State of State and its mission, please follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! You can also watch last year’s speakers at www.psustateofstate.com.

Sarah Kidder is a senior at Penn State's Schreyer Honors College with a major in Biobehavioral Health as well as minors in Biology, Spanish and Global Health. She intends to pursue a career in writing while also advocating for women's rights across the globe. This is her first semester as a writer for Her Campus! Whether it be slam poetry or another relatable listicle, Sarah is eager to be a part of the HC team. When she isn't writing, Sarah is dancing with her hip hop dance organization, Raw Aesthetic Movements, or riding horses as a member of the Penn State Equestrian Team. She also enjoys art, so you can always find her with her sketchbook in hand. Ultimately, Sarah dreams to write for a major publication about women's health and lifestyle.