Lana Del Rey Takes Penn State

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Lana Del Rey performed many new hits from her Lust for Life album during her LA to the Moon tour at the Bryce Jordan Center on January 26, 2018. The BJC was filled with hundreds of Lana fans, including myself, who were fortunate enough to hear her beautiful vocals in person.

My experience was truly magical. Being a Lana Del Rey Fan for many years made this concert very special for me. Lana sang many of my favorites and I sang and danced along with her. She sang songs from her albums Born to Die (2012), Ultraviolence (2014), Honeymoon (2015) and Lust for Life (2017).

Lana was accompanied with Latin Grammy nominee, Kali Uchis.

After Kali Uchis performed, it was finally time for me to hear my favorite artist live in concert. Lana walked onto the stage wearing a bright red sweater and dazzling sequined knee high boots.

Lana entered singing her single, 13 beaches.

Pretty When You Cry

Cherry & Scarborough

Born to die

Yayo

Blue Jeans

White Mustang

Honeymoon

Happy Birthday Mr. President & National Anthem

When The World Kept Dancing

Lust for Life

Change, Black Beauty, Young and Beautiful

Video Games

Love

Summertime Sadness

Old Money

Serial Killer

Lana perfectly closed her show with her single off the Lust for Life album, Get Free. Lana sang a cappella and us audience members joined her through the chorus.  

Attending Lana’s concert was an amazing experience. Her cinematic way of singing captures the listener’s attention. I recommend for anyone that loves good music to check out her out or even attend one for her concerts

I am a junior studying Broadcast Journalism and Communications Arts and Sciences at Penn State University. I love to travel, eat tacos and make people feel beautiful. I make people feel beautiful from the inside and out by providing my skills as a licensed cosmetologist. Since I am currently working a part-time job at a beauty salon, being a full time student could be difficult at times. I spend my down time reading the news, watching makeup/hair tutorials, and Writing for Her Campus. I enjoy writing for Her Campus PSU because I get a platform that allows me to write creative stories that empower us college women.