This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

I may be biased based on my prior obsession with Justin Bieber’s music starting in 2010. He recently released his latest album ‘Changes’ which truly shows Bieber’s 2020 comeback. This is after his 3-year break starting in 2017 when he canceled the second half of his stadium tour. Fans were starting to get anxious when the topic of music was not on Justin’s radar but he was focusing on his mental health and his marriage during that time period. 2020 is going to be the year of Bieber just solely based on the number of announcements he has released. His announcements included two singles, an album, a 10 episode docu-series, and a tour.  

The first single release is one most may know, ‘Yummy’. ‘Yummy’ was not a song that I fell in love with right away. The rhythm and beat to the song are amazing but the lyrics did not match the music of Bieber’s past. This concerned me and I was not happy about this. As I listened to the song more I was able to realize the importance of the beat and just enjoy the good song that was a top hit all over the country.

Some of my favorite songs on the album have been E.T.A,’ ‘Come Around Me,’ and ‘Forever.’ These songs showed a different version of Bieber’s music. Most songs reminded me of the music released during his album ‘Journals’.

‘Come Around Me’ is the perfect beat with a storyline referring to Hailey and Justin’s relationships coming back together after being apart but it will always be the same feeling of missing each other and finding their way back to one another.

‘E.T.A.’ refers to location, no matter where the other is they will always be worrying about one another. The distance between them is significant in their relationship since they will not always be at the same place at the same time.

‘Forever’ is probably my favorite song on the album. It shows how the relationship Justin and Hailey have created is one that won’t end. They took their time apart and realized there time together was needed. 

This entire album Justin created was a complete love letter to Hailey and to top it off it was released on Valentine’s Day. Each song has meaning to it and that is what made me fall in love with each song on it. I completely recommend listening to this album even if you are not a fan of his music. There are many songs that I feel most people will be able to relate to.

I am a Junior at Penn State studying Public Relations with a minor in Digital Media Trends and Analytics. I love fashion, food, and anything beauty-related which can be found a common trend throughout my articles.
Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.