Wellness

I Tried HoneyPot Pads So You Don’t Have To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

When I shop for either tampons or pads, I always go for organic ones. I have never been loyal to the same brand, so my journey with Honeypot pads came on one incidental day. 

I was shopping at Wegmans for my groceries, and while in the aisle containing feminine hygiene products, I just grabbed Honeypot pads. I was drawn to the packaging, as it has a simplistic font and daring color. I didn’t think that much of it and continued my shopping. 

I got home that night and started using them. Fairly quickly into my use, I began feeling an uncomfortable — yet soothing — feeling and immediately looked up the brand. That is when I learned that Honeypot pads are infused with essential oils that have a variety of benefits for your period. 

Essential Oil
Photo by Christin Hume from Unsplash

The cooling effect that I experienced is supposed to help ease cramps, which I found very effective. This allowed me to focus less on my pain and more on the sensation of the cooling, so I felt more productive that day. 

Next, the essential oils help contribute to a more pleasant scent. I often feel insecure that my period smells bad, so it was helpful for the essential oils to combat that. The scents included in the pads were lavender, rose, aloe vera and mint. The combination was very pleasant and ultimately helped me overcome a lot of self-doubt I usually have during my period. 

Another thing I learned while researching Honeypot Pads is that it is a black-owned business. I was more than happy to support this business that helps build women’s confidence, and is non-discriminatory. 

Photo by RF._.studio from Pexels

“The whole reason I started The Honey Pot Co. was because I was suffering from bacterial vaginosis for months and couldn’t get relief.” Bea Dixon, Honeypot’s founder, said on Honeypot’s website, “One night, an ancestor visited me in a dream and gifted me with a vision to heal myself. With her help, I created the Honey Pot Co to solve for what other brands wouldn’t, using the power of herbs.”

The website includes a plethora of features, including a quiz that matches you with products according to your needs and preferences. There is also a charity tab with information on how you can help those in need of feminine products, and there is a blog that discusses sexual health. 

I would recommend Honeypot Pads to all my friends. Using these pads have improved my mood and my overall wellness. Additionally, I am thrilled to support a business that prides itself on inclusivity, helping the environment, and responsibility for its actions.

Health Policy and Administration student at Pennsylvania State University.
Arden Ericson will graduate Penn State in May of 2023. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at PSU, she is a double-major in Public Relations and French Language. After graduation, she will pursue a career that combines her passion for educational equity, social justice and French.