Untitled design 8png?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Untitled design 8png?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Michala Jackson
Style > Beauty

A Honest Review on Glossier Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Glossier caught my eye a very long time ago, but it wasn’t until this past April when I tried the brand — and it was because my sister bought it for me for my birthday. 

These were actually my first major makeup products. Its quality never deterred me, but since it is not available in most retail stores, it can be a hassle to actually go and order online. 

After trying out these different products, here is what I thought of them.

Lash Slick Mascara: 8/10

Their mascara comes packaged beautifully, following their classic, minimalist style. The wand itself is plastic, and it sports short plastic bristles on its applicator. 

This is definitely great if you’re looking for a lengthening mascara and a natural but accentuating product. My lashes are long yet struggle to maintain a curl, but I can apply this and still have a nice, natural eyelash lift. 

Boy Brow: 10/10

Glossier

I cannot express how much I love Glossier’s Boy Brow. I have relatively normal brows that just need some slight definition, and this is absolutely perfect for that. 

The tint makes my eyebrows look natural but polished. The ease of application is unreal — I don’t spend more than 15 seconds on my brows. It adapts to whatever look you’d like and it’ll hold your brows in place. It is no wonder why this is one of their most popular products.

Cloud Paint: 6/10

Glossier

Their cloud paint is Glossier’s blush product. I must emphasize the packaging on this product — it is so adorable and cute. It is in a tiny little squeeze tube with the iconic Glossier font marking it. 

Their blush comes in a variety of shades to highlight your specific natural undertones. It is a liquid consistency perfect for blending and building your preferred hue intensity. 

For me, it adds a nice glow and warmth on duller days. The only downside is you sometimes have to be generous if you’d like to wear it longer. You could also use a primer or setting spray to ensure that it will stay on.

Stretch Concealer/Skin Tint 6/10

Glossier

Glossier is an undoubtedly natural brand. To put it bluntly, if you prefer full coverage makeup, this is not the product for you. 

The skin tint provides lighter coverage compared to other products such as BB cream. To best describe it, the product creates a more even tone across your face, rather than covering much. 

However, their stretch concealer provides buildable, increased coverage. It’s truly a hit or miss depending on what you’re looking for. 

If you’d like a light look, this would be ideal.

Balm dot Com 10/10

Photo by Charisse Kenion on Unsplash

This chapstick from Glossier is absolutely wonderful. As another one of their most popular products, they meet all expectations. 

The lip balm is hydrating and provides the perfect amount of gloss for any occasion. Even better, it works as a general skin balm for any problematic areas. 

The product comes in a variety of different scents — ones that are rare for lip balms — like mango and a new wild fig.

I am currently a Junior at Penn State studying Biobehavioral Health. Besides school and writing for Her Campus, I love all kinds of music and am currently learning to play the ukulele! In my free time, I love to play with my dogs as well as watch my favorite shows, New Girl and Glee.
Arden Ericson will graduate Penn State in May of 2023. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at PSU, she is a double-major in Public Relations and French Language. After graduation, she will pursue a career that combines her passion for educational equity, social justice and French.