Homecoming Executive Director, Bridgette Carrier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Name: Bridgette Carrier
Year: Fifth-Year Senior
Major: Kinesiology
Hometown: Pennington, NJ

Meet Bridgette, a fifth-year senior Kinesiology major. With a lot of pride for Penn State, Bridgette has worked her way up and is now the Executive Director of Homecoming 2012. Learn more about what it means to be Executive Director and what Bridgette’s Homecoming float theme of choice would be, below.

HC: How did you get involved with Penn State Homecoming?

Bridgette: I first became involved with Homecoming during the second semester of my sophomore year. Someone I looked up to was on the Executive Committee and I had a lot of pride for Penn State so I thought Homecoming would be a good fit for me. I served as a Parade Captain for Homecoming 2010 and the University Relations Director for Homecoming 2011.

HC: What does being Executive Director entail?

Bridgette: My job as the Executive Director is to oversee the Executive Committee to ensure the successful execution of around 20 different Homecoming events throughout the year. I manage relationships and collaborate with students, alumni, university personnel and community officials to ensure a smooth year-long celebration.

HC: What is your favorite part about Homecoming?

Bridgette: One of my favorite parts of Homecoming is the opportunity to give back to the University and the alumni who have made Penn State the great university that it is today. My other favorite part of Homecoming is getting the opportunity to ride on a flatbed in the parade and see the thousands of people who come back to celebrate their Alma Mater.

HC: If you could pick any float theme, what would it be and why?

Bridgette: My float theme would be Pocahontas because my favorite Disney song is “Colors of the Wind.” 

Maddie is a junior at Penn State pursuing a major in Public Relations with a minor in Business. She is from Timonium, MD. She loves all things pop culture and hopes to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.