This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

It is that time of the semester where I am all out of recipes for meals and have zero motivation to cook. My mom and dad gifted me HelloFresh meals to get me through these last two weeks of classes, and let me tell you how HelloFresh changed my life. 

Going to the grocery store would take me two hours as a busy college kid. Having to locate each item in my recipe that I searched for hours for on Pinterest trying to find something that sparked my eye. With my busy schedule, grocery shopping just felt like a burden. I had to walk 1 mile to the lot to get my car, shop, unload my groceries and then walk back to my apartment after dropping my car back off. By the time I get home I don’t even feel like cooking.

And the worst part of it all, going to cook my meal and realizing I forgot an ingredient or it went bad before I could use it. 

HelloFresh gets delivered right to my apartment building! My apartment has a locked package room so I don’t have to worry about anyone taking it. I am also fortunate enough that my building has a fridge in the mail room to store packages that need it. 

HelloFresh comes with everything you need to make an incredible meal. I can pick the meals that I want and when I want them! You can select the level of difficulty it is to make the meal and how long it will take the meal to cook.

Here are my top five favorite HelloFresh meals. 

Smothered Chicken Enchiladas

This was one of the first meals I got in my first box. My mom selected it for me and I saved it for last because I wasn’t that excited about it. This is currently my favorite meal and I am always craving it. It is so good and so easy to make. 

Chipotle Chicken and Rice Bowl

This meal takes a little prep work but it is so worth it. I love Mexican food, it’s my all time favorite. I used to hit up Qdoba every week and get a bowl and now I don’t enjoy it as much because this bowl is so much better. The sauce in this recipe is outstanding. HelloFresh also just sends fresh products so it tastes much better than chain restaurants. 

Garlic Herb Tortelloni

This meal tastes like a nice restaurant meal. Something about having someone else cook for you makes the meal taste better and that sums up the taste of this meal. It has amazing flavors and really fills you up. It is a really easy meal to make as well!

Creamy Dill Chicken 

I have never been a fan of just straight up chicken with a side of veggies. This was also in my first box. My mom knows this about me and said to me “it is amazing, try it.” She didn’t say how amazing it truly was. The dill sauce is so good. This meal is definitely in my top three favorites, it doesn’t look as good as it tastes.

Southwestern Shrimp Tacos

As a college kid I would never buy shrimp from the food store on my own. I don’t know why exactly but it just intimidates me. I picked this meal from HelloFresh because they tell you exactly what to do. This meal tastes so good and really helped me increase my comfort level with foods in the kitchen. 

HelloFresh allows me to eat healthy, efficiently and at a good price for a college student. The meals are so good I always look forward to cooking dinner when I get home. HelloFresh also has all of their recipes online! If you want to try a meal out to see if you like it just go on their website and hit the cookbook! 

The cookbook is awesome if you are out of ideas of meals to cook! You can just screenshot the ingredients and get them on your next food shopping trip. They even offer the step by step instructions too. 

If you are an overwhelmed and burnt out college student, HelloFresh will definitely take some stress off of your plate!

Isabella Hunter is a Junior majoring in Advertising with a Digital Media Trends and Analytics minor. She has a strong love for the beach, blogging, and iced coffee.