HC PSU Halloween Photo Contest: The Results Are In!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Halloweekend is the time of year that Penn State students look forward to all semester. Some of us spend countless days preparing our one-of-a-kind costume that people will adore. For others, Halloween seems to sneak up on us entirely too quickly. Either way, Halloweekend is the one time that you can dress up and be anything that you want, so why wouldn’t you look forward to it? There’s one thing that’s definitely a necessity for Halloweekend and that’s #selfies of your amazing costumes. Here are HC PSU’s 7 finalists and the WINNER from our Halloween costume contest:

In 8th place is Caitlyn McMichael with her adorable homemade mermaid costume.

In 7th place is Katie Harrison with her classy Audrey Hepburn costume.

6th place goes to Nicole Spellman and her boyfriend Brian as Dexter and his victim.

5th place goes to Jayme Rhoads and her boyfriend dressed as the Black Widow and Captain America from The Avengers.

4th place goes to Kelli Joerger and her crew dressed as the popular 90’s cartoon, Hey Arnold!

3rd place goes to Kevin Love as Matthew McConaughey in True Detective.

2nd place goes to Ryan McKnight and his impressive Sandlot re-creators.

AND THE WINNER IS…….. *drum roll*

Molly Shenk and friends dressed up as State College’s best late-night cravings! 

Thanks to everyone who participated and congrats to Molly Shenk and her friends!

HCXO,

HC PSU

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.