This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Year: Junior

Major: Economics

Hometown: Franklin, TN

Relationship Status: Single

HC: How does it feel to be this year’s first Campus Cutie?

HD: It’s truly an honor to be this years first Campus Cutie! 

HC: What was your favorite thing about growing up in the south?

HD: It’s really hard to choose, but I would have to say my family. They are always there for me and have provided me with unbelievable opportunities throughout my life. I also love my momma’s cooking.

HC: Since you’re always blessed with warm weather, where do you vacation?

HD: Destin, Florida! My family has been going to the same spot for over 20 years.

HC: What is your favorite pool toy?

HD: Definitely one of those mini torpedoes! You’ve gotta love em.

HC: What are girls like down south?

HD: Girls down south just have this class and charm that is hard to find up here. It’s hard to explain, but when you see it, you know.

HC: What do you hope to do with your major?

HD: Right now I would like to work my way up to be a CISO at a tech company as my dream job, but I’m always open to other opportunities. 

HC: What made you come up to the cold in Happy Valley instead of staying down south?

HD: I’m the third generation to come to Penn State. I was raised watching Penn State football, and from my first visit in 7th grade, I just had to come here for college.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

HD: I look for a girl who is motivated and is always down for an adventure. Life is too short to sit around and watch Netflix all day. 

HC: What is your ideal date?

HD: Going for a hike on Mount Nittany then going out to lunch or dinner. I will pick up the bill of course. Nothing fancy just very casual and relaxing.

Emily Chertow loves to create conversations and dialogue for her writing - to keep updated on what she is up to, follow her on social media @echertow. Reach out to her, she is always there to talk!
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.