This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Last Halloween season, I wrote up four fun, flirty and thriving Halloween costume ideas that any college gal can pull off. 

This year, I give you the sequel — you’re welcome. Plus, these costumes might be more 2020-appropriate. 

1) Exasperated Chris Wallace

Anyone watch that first debate? Poor Chris Wallace was absolutely struggling to get in a word edgewise! 

So, why not emulate the exhausted moderator and dress up as him this year? All you’ll need is a snazzy suit, some glasses and the ability to sigh like a broken man that can’t get two other grown men to be quiet for thirty seconds. Fun!

2) Your Ex

This one is especially fun if you and your ex are going to be at the same socially distant Halloween gathering. All you need is whatever item of clothing of theirs you’re definitely still hanging onto. 

If this was the style of your ex, add a backwards hat and voila! You are now your own worst enemy (Or best friend? Depends how you guys left things off I guess.) 

3) Dr. Fauci

Ah, Dr. Fauci. We are all so grateful to him, that I think it’d be a great idea to dress up as him! 

Get a doctor’s coat, some glasses, maybe a stethoscope if you’re feeling extra, and boom! You are now the most underappreciated, yet probably overworked member of the current administration. 

If you want to go the extra mile, you can also have a friend dress up as a scary anti-masker, and the two of you can spend the whole night arguing about masks. Speaking of..

4) Scary anti-masker

This is the most terrifying one: a careless denier of science! Since you ABSOLUTELY should NOT go out anywhere without a mask, I will suggest that for this costume, you should get a clear mask of some sort, and just spend the whole night talking people’s ears off about how masks prevent you from seeing everyone’s smile and how it’s just so sad. 

Bonus points if you find your group’s Dr. Fauci and spend the whole night telling him it’s a hoax. 

Obviously these costumes are pretty much all satirical in nature, but wouldn’t it be something if you go to a socially distant gathering on Halloween and see THE Dr. Fauci? A girl can dream. 

I am a Public Relations major at the Pennsylvania State University. When I'm not writing for Her Campus, I enjoy watching the Office and volunteering at my local animal shelters.
Arden Ericson will graduate Penn State in May of 2023. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at PSU, she is a double-major in Public Relations and French Language. After graduation, she will pursue a career that combines her passion for educational equity, social justice and French.