This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Sometimes, being a woman can suck. We spend 12 weeks out of the year being uncomfortable because our uteruses got angry that we aren’t pregnant and it’s incredibly annoying. But, if we have to spend that much time uncomfortable and in pain, we should know what’s going in our bodies.

A lot of pads and tampons are filled with artificial chemicals, weird fragrances, and even chlorine, which is not good for our bodies. The government doesn’t even regulate these products or make companies inform their consumers of exactly what’s in them, but I finally found one brand that does.

Seventh Generation is a brand that cares immensely about women. They include a non-mandatory list of all of the ingredients in their pads and tampons so that you know exactly what’s going in your body. They are all about “free the V.” There is so much stigma around periods and being a woman that we need to tackle as feminists, and Seventh Generation is helping us take the first step.

I absolutely love these products. I feel so much safer when it comes to my hygiene during that time of the month. The best part is that you can set up a subscription through https://freethevs.com/ to make sure you get your products right on time instead of having to run to the store at the last minute.

As the next generation of leaders, we, as college women need to make sure we are fighting for our rights as human beings, and this is the next step. Free the V!

Allie Bausinger is a Penn State University graduate who majored in Print/Digital Journalism with a minor in English. She is from "outside Philadelphia," which in her case is Yardley, Pennsylvania. Allie is looking for full-time employment in writing, editing, fact-checking, podcasting, and other areas of the journalism and writing fields.