Ford College Challenge Ambassadors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Names: Carlee Delp, Brenna Urban, Melissa Conrad, Tim Pecora

Majors: PR, PR, PR, Marketing

Year: Senior, Senior, Senior, Junior

HC: So how did you hear about the Ford Challenge?

FAs: The College of Communications sent out an email asking people to apply for the Ford Challenge to represent Penn State.

HC: What does it entail?

FAs: The Ford College Ambassador Challenge provides teams of college students from across the country with a unique opportunity to compete in campus-wide challenges focused on creativity, marketing and social engagement. This year the competition includes nine universities from across the country – Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Rutgers, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Villanova and Boston College.

Teams from each university were given a series of challenges to complete that would showcase Ford and harness social media to snag votes in an effort to win first place.

HC: What kind of events/current events have you put on so far this semester?

FAs: The Ford Challenge is a three-part semester-long competition. Our first competition was to create a Vine using the 2015 Ford Fusion to showcase a day in the life of a Penn State student. The second competition was to put on an event entitled “Drive Your Career” featuring Lauren Berger, The Intern Queen. The third challenge was a social media scavenger hunt around Penn State’s campus using our Ford Fusion – you can follow our journey by searching the #WeAreFORD hashtag on Twitter! 

The first competition is in fact still going on and you can get involved by clicking HERE to vote for the Penn State team. Each vote helps push us ahead of the other universities, and you can vote every day! The competition ends on November 21st at 11:59 p.m.

HC: What happens if you win the Ford Challenge?

FAs: The grand prize includes the opportunity for second round interviews for full-time and internship employment with the Ford Motor Company, a networking experience at Ford World Headquarters, and $500.

Help our dedicated Ford Ambassadors win the challenge and be given the opportunity of a lifetime by VOTING NOW!

Chellsy Costello is currently a senior at Penn State University majoring in Public Relations/Advertising and minoring in Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management. In her free time, she loves finding new artists to listen to, watching football, trying new recipes in the kitchen, and finding time to hit the gym. Her current and past experiences include Wenner Media, Press Here Publicity, The Nittany Lion Club, Varsity 'S' Club, Valley Magazine, and Happy Valley Communications. She hopes to land her dream job in New York City or another major city after graduation and someday hopes to travel as much as she can.
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.