Style

Flared Pants Are Back, and Here To Stay!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

A lot of people swore they would never take these out of their closest again, yet here we are. Just several years later, struggling to find a pair that is in stock in our size. That’s right, yoga pants are back!  

Yoga pants have been circling in and out of style for as long as I can remember. They are trendy one second, then the next they are outdated. However, they haven’t been this popular since the 2000s. 

People may now be calling them “flared leggings” instead of yoga pants, but whatever the name I am happy to say that they are officially in style. This trend also doesn’t seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

They were a 2000’s staple and once again, they are making a comeback. Yoga pants first went out of style when leggings came into the picture. As leggings are a thing of the past, yoga pants have come out this time with higher waists, better materials and an all-around more flattering fit. If you are looking to switch up your athleisure style, yoga pants are definitely the way to go. 

The trend started when Emma Chamberlain posted one tweet about wanting to wear flare yoga pants. It was game over from then on. Next, she was spotted on her Instagram wearing yoga pants. She is now known for her pairing of yoga pants with a turtleneck and crewneck. Now, everyone is jumping on the yoga pants trend. 

Once Emma Chamberlain was on board, everybody was. TikTok users became obsessed with them. Every influencer has started wearing them, hence the instant trend growth. 

Yoga pants have always been a staple in my closet, in style or not. Personally, I am so happy I never got rid of mine because I would be so upset at myself for throwing them out. I am ready to go buy more pairs because I have been practically living in them recently. 

They are so comfy and I love wearing them to do whatever, as I would so much rather throw on a pair of yoga pants than leggings. 

You can pair them with almost anything ranging from a hoodie to a nice sweater. They can so easily be dressed up or down they are the perfect addition to your wardrobe. Yoga pants are the perfect combination of flattering but comfortable at the same time. 

There are so many different styles of yoga pants from ribbed material, split hem, different amounts of flare, etc. They also come in a variety of colors and patterns, so you are bound to find one that suits you. 

You don’t have to get an expensive brand either. They sell them for only $20 at most places! You can get them almost anywhere these days since they are so trendy, but a few places are H&M, Lululemon, Healthyoga, Free People and T.J.Maxx have some of the best.

Be sure to snag a pair before they sell out everywhere – they are due to be sold out soon! 

Communications, Sophomore