Five Books to Read During the Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

With finals week looming just over the horizon, it’s hard to believe the holiday season is already upon us. Luckily, there are a variety of great reads out there perfect for winter.

Here are five books to check out while you pour hot chocolate and get cozy by the fire this holiday season:

1. The Wolves of Winter by Tyrell Johnson

Fans of The Hunger Games and the Divergent trilogy will undoubtedly enjoy this novel. The plot centers around a young heroine who navigates a frozen, post-apocalyptic tundra in order to find her destiny amidst everything she’s lost.

2. The Christmas Town by Donna VanLiere

This novel centers around twenty-year-old Lauren and her desire to finally find a place she calls home. After witnessing a car accident during the holiday season, she winds up volunteering for a women and children’s center in a completely unfamiliar town –  a twist that leads her to wonder if this town could be what she’s always hoped for.

3. All Is Calm, All Is Bright by Colleen Coble

This Christmas collection includes two holiday novels in one. Each novel combines romance with a mysterious twist, and the collection is sure to keep you on your toes this holiday season.

4. Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham

This novel by the Gilmore Girls star tells the story of a young woman trying to make it as an actress in 1990s New York City. But with mere months left of the three-year deadline she set for herself, and nothing but an ugly Christmas sweater ad under her belt, she wonders if she’ll ever come close to the life she’s always dreamt of.

5.  Christmas At Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan

This novel takes place in a quaint beach town during the holiday season and follows Polly, a woman who enjoys working in the town’s bakery and sharing a life with her husband. But when a secret becomes unraveled that could threaten her marriage forever, Polly’s life as she knew it takes a drastic turn.

Whether you’re reading a Christmas romance or an icy thriller, we hope you have a safe and happy holiday season, collegiettes!

Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.