This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

With summer approaching, there is a lot of pressure for us gals to be happy, healthy, and in the best shape possible. As a fitness fan and a fashion enthusiast, I feel as though I am forever pondering: How do I fuse both?

After doing some internet research and observing some fashion forward ladies both at the gym and around campus, I came up with a few ideas for sexy gym style so that we can al look presentable both during and after our work outs.

Let’s start with the bottoms. For the winter, a cute pair of yoga pants or workout specific leggings will do the trick. The tight material is intended to keep the body warm, so that the participant can work off as many calories as possible. But let’s not forget, of course, how cute they make our backsides look! Show all your friends how much your runs have been paying off, while possibly attracting the hottie who is staring at your beautiful curves! Sometimes, leggings get too hot which is why every gym-rat needs a pair of running shorts. These cute and colorful shorts are comfortable, easy to breathe in, and most definitely trendy. Getting a neutral color and throwing on a graphic t-shirt will ensure you get your bang for the buck when wearing this laid-back outfit to class. Who doesn’t love a good bargain?

Tops, in my opinion, are the easiest piece of the outfit. We all have old shirts that could easily be transformed into cute and form-fitting tanks to throw on for a quick burst. Take an old t-shirt, cut the neck out and the sleeves off, and get ready to rock a whole new look. The gym is also a good place to show your fellow gym-dwellers what you’re into. Slip into a band tee, a jersey of your favorite sports team, or even show your Penn State pride by rocking our campus colors, or the logo of your clubs/orgs.

Us ladies know that a workout requires a lot of support when it comes to our chests. So? Doesn’t mean we can’t support our bodies and our style at the same time. Plenty of stores and websites sell sports bras of all colors and fits. For instance, this bright style from Forever21 is cheap and comfortable. Everyone is guaranteed to love your bold look!

Now that we have the outfit covered, it is time to talk about many of our favorite accessories: the shoes. Fitness requires sturdy sneakers, no way to get around that. However, many brands (Nike for example) have added bright, fashionable sneaks to their collections. Visit their website to browse, buy, and even deign your dream pair of sneakers! Although pricey, you are bound to fall in love. And an added bonus is that a pair of cute sneakers can be worn at other times as well. Throw them on for class, to hang out, even just for comfort. Your feet will thank you.

Yes, sometimes getting yourself to the gym is a pain in the butt, but the health benefits we receive from exercising (just 20 minutes a day) are proven to keep us healthy and happy. With summer just on the horizon, its no surprise the gym is quite a hotspot. Many believe that the point of working out is to look your best and feel your best afterwards. This is true, but who’s to say we can’t look our best (and when we look our best we feel our best) during our workouts too? Happy gyming!

Born and raised by two Nittany Lions, Rachel continued the tradition by attending Penn State University in the fall of 2009. Currently a senior journalism major, Rachel also spends her time minoring in both psychology and Spanish. During her sophomore year she wrote for the Greek newspaper at Penn State as a member of Alpha Xi Delta, followed by joining the Her Campus team as a writer and the Public Relations/Social Media Manager in the fall of her junior year. In search of mastering the Spanish language, Rachel indulged herself in the country of Spain for five months while she studied abroad in the city of Alicante during the spring of 2012. In order to keep her English up to par, Rachel blogged about her experiences for both her personal account and Her Campus at Penn State. With a love for shoes, smiles, and a good bowl of mac and cheese, this social media fiend never leaves her twitter by its lonesome. Follow Rachel @hayhayitsrayray as she pursues her dream as an aspiring magazine editor and world traveler.