Finals Week as Told by the Kardashians

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

It is that time of the semester, collegiattes. Finals week is – unfortunately – back. After a long semester of tailgating and parties – and a little schoolwork, of course – finals come back to haunt us. Stressing out myself, I wondered how we could make the most of this horrific time, and so I thought “why not see finals week as told by the Kardashians”? And here we go: 

It all starts when you realize that life is not always kind and finals week is already here.

You realize everything you have to study with not enough time.

And you obviously have a little mental breakdown.

But it is okay, you know that if you plan ahead it won’t be as bad as it seems. So you recompose yourself and come up with a game plan.

You then start reading through the materials and realize that you don’t actually know anything.

You wonder where you were during the entire semester. The only memories that come up are all the fun you had when you could have been studying.

Focus, you can do it if you apply yourself. You spend countless hours reading, praying, highlighting, praying, writing, praying, watching online classes, praying, preparing flashcards, and have I mentioned praying?

You know you have to keep going, so you have a little caffeine overdose.

There is also the traditional moment when you consider pulling an all-nighter. 

The night before the exam, when you know you have to revise it all one last time but also know you desperately need to sleep.

Then you finally take the first exam and the cycle starts all over again.

And I can’t forget when you completely overreact thinking you did way worse than you actually did.

Then you wait until the exams scores are out, and you see that you have passed in all your classes.

Now you can finally relax and enjoy your break!

Take a deep breath, girls! Everything is going to be okay! Good luck on your finals and happy holidays!

Ana Clever is a junior at Penn State University majoring in Psychology. Coming from Sao Paulo, Brazil, she is a staff writer for Her Campus at PSU and the president of the Brazilian Student Association. She is passionate about traveling, art, and writing. You can find her on Instagram at @ana_clever.
Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.