picture of a dance workout playlist
picture of a dance workout playlist
Original photo by Marvin Araiza

The Best Fall Playlist Is On Spotify

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

I was on TikTok, and this video was on my FYP with hundreds of likes and comments. I saw Cage The Elephant and definitely had to check it out. It does not matter what the season is; Cage The Elephant fits all my feelings.  

My biggest struggle with music is creating a good playlist where I never feel the need to skip a song. I will add a song, it will play, I shrug and then skip it. My goal in life was to have one playlist that I could play in the shower without the urge to hit next or to remove it from the list. 

I was taking my daily walk around Beaver Stadium and decided to give the playlist a try. When I work out, I always feel the need to listen to rap to keep me motivated. I either listen to songs that put me in my feels or songs that make me feel like I run 20 miles. These songs give a perfect balance — feel-good type songs.  

While I was on my walk, these songs made me appreciate the little things in life. These songs just fit the scenery while I walked around the Arboretum. I looked out at the mountains and the leaves changing colors, and I felt motivated to see all the good in life. This playlist is everything.  

My favorite songs and favorite lines on the playlist are:  

1.)  Take a Walk- Passion Pit 

“I remind myself that times could be much worse.” One of their most popular songs for an obvious reason. This song just screams positive vibes.  

2.) Kilby Girl- The Backseat Lovers 

“Those kind of girls tend to know things better than I do.” This is a college-type love song. Something about it just hits. 

3.)  Kill The Director- The Wombats 

“Don’t talk to girls they’ll break your heart.” Kill the Director is the chorus in this song. The lyrics are kind of sad, but the beat is so catchy.  

4.) Saturday Sun- Vance Joy 

“We fit so right so what’s going on.” Vance Joy has always been a favorite of mine. He has tons of popular songs. While this one isn’t as known, it is one of my all-time favorites.  

5.) Way it Goes- Hippo Campus 

“That’s the way it goes, it’s so satisfying.” A typical feel-good song.  

6.) Dark Red- Steve Lacy  

”I think of her so much it drives me crazy.”  Definitely the slowest song there is on the playlist, but the lyrics in this song are amazing. 

Not a single song on this playlist deserves to get a skip. TikTok always puts me on the best music, meals, workouts and fashion. These songs put me in a mood that makes me thankful for what life offers. Walking around campus listening to these songs is an automatic mood booster.  

100% add to your streaming apps! 

Thank you, Berkley930 on Spotify, for this gift from god.

Isabella Hunter is a Junior majoring in Advertising with a Digital Media Trends and Analytics minor. She has a strong love for the beach, blogging, and iced coffee.