This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

As you walk around campus, you’ll notice that everyone has their headphones in. Whether they’re listening to a podcast or your favorite playlist, people are always listening to someone.

Here are some of the songs that I’ve had on repeat lately, so enjoy my fall semester playlist.

“Opposite” and “Tornado Warnings” by sabrina carpenter

Both these songs are from her latest album, “emails i can’t send.” The whole album has been on repeat for me the last couple of weeks. My friend introduced me to her, and now I can’t stop listening. 

“Now I’m In it” by haim

I know this song’s from a couple of years ago, but it is so fall-October coded for me since that’s when it came out. 

“Cowboy like me” by Taylor Swift

“Evermore” is completely slept on, in my opinion.

This song is best to listen to while walking home from class while it’s raining.

“red (Taylor’s Version)” by Taylor Swift

The entire “Red” album by Taylor Swift is always included in the fall playlist. Something about Taylor’s Version reminds me of when it first came out. 

“KIss Me” by Sixpence none the richer

Another great song that reminds me of a certain time. In this case, it is the end of “She’s All That.” I loved that movie, and this song just makes me think of it.

“Cherry wine” by Hozier

Anything by Hozier is fall-coded and deserves a spot on the fall playlist.

“cherry” and “from the dining table” by harry styles

I listen to Harry Styles all year. However, listening to “Cherry” always reminds me of the fall into winter vibes. It will always remain on the fall playlist.

And, “From the Dining Table” is perfect for the chilly weather.

“Ultraviolence” and “margaret (feat. bleachers)” by Lana del rey

Another few songs that are perfect for a moody walk around campus. One is more on the sad side, while the other has been trending for romance.

Both are perfect for fall. Sometimes I feel like listening to moodier music that helps me do my school work.

“renegade” by big red machine and taylor swift

To me, HS1 is a fall-winter album, and most songs work well for a crisp walk around campus. 

Sorry for all the Taylor Swift, but this has been a staple in any fall playlist I make. It just reminds me of my walk to class sophomore year. 

“lacey” by olivia rodrigo

Since Olivia Rodrigo’s new album came out, it’s been on repeat for a lot of people. Like her songs before, this new set of music has inspired many TikTok trends and has been the focal point for a lot of social media. 

“Cinnamon girl” by Lana del rey

“Cinnamon Girl” is another song that reminds me of when it first came out, yet I listen to it every year. 

“east side of sorrow” by zach bryan

Similar to Rodrigo, many songs from Zach Bryan’s latest album have taken social media by storm. 

“Ctrl” by sza

Anything on this album translates to fall vibes for me. I didn’t listen to this song until the fall after it came out, so now I associate it with that season. It is one that I listen to yearly, and most of the songs are included on my fall playlists. 

I know many of these songs are trendy or old. However, there are many songs that I listen to and enjoy having on my fall playlist. 

There are many more songs that I listen to on a yearly basis and many that I will add to my playlists as they are released. 

If you like these songs or have never listened, happy listening!

Olivia Pettyjohn is a fourth-year journalism major at Penn State, planning to graduate in 2024.