love is blind love square?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
love is blind love square?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Courtesy of Netflix © 2022

Everything You Need to Know About “Love is Blind” Season 4

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

If you’re not already a fan of the star-studded Netflix reality TV show for hopeless romantics, this is the time to become a part of that club! I first watched “Love is Blind” when season one was released in February 2020, and it has had my heart ever since. 

Throughout the past three seasons, there have been several marriages, a few lasting relationships, more drama than anyone can handle and more runaway brides and grooms than one can count — and we can rely on season four to have all that and more when it airs this March. 

Trailer

Netflix just released a trailer to give us all a dramatic look at the new season: previewing the tears, proposals and weddings in store. It also hints at something we haven’t seen in this social experiment, when a male contestant says, “I made the wrong choice, and now I’m going to propose to another woman.”

See trailer here: https://youtu.be/GKZZQy_QjKA

When will “love is blind” season four be released?

Netflix has announced that the long-awaited season four will be (partly) released on Friday, March 24, 2023. Episodes one through five will be released that day, then episodes six through eight will be released on Friday, March 31. Finally, episodes nine through eleven will be released on Friday, April 7, and the grand finale will be released on Friday, April 14. 

Since “Love is Blind” is a Netflix show, it will be exclusively available to watch on their streaming platform. 

Where Will “love is blind” season four be set?

Although Netflix has not made any official announcement about the location of their new season, some “Love is Blind” fans have found helpful clues scattered across the internet. 

The show’s crew was spotted filming in several locations throughout Seattle in May 2022, and there were open casting calls posted in Washington, DC; Charlotte, North Carolina; Detroit, Michigan; and Tampa, Florida; that only required participants to “live in the city where the season was filming.”

What do we know about the new contestants?

Like they do before the release of each season, the “Love is Blind” Instagram released information (including pictures, age, occupation and quotes) about the participants online to get fans excited for the new season. 

This time around, Netflix put together a video introducing the participants by having them answer certain questions in a video titled “Meet the Singles.”

“Meet the Singles” Instagram reel: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cpfo5i0g9Uh/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Do we really need another season of “Love is Blind?”

There is a heated debate across the internet about the positive and negative effects of this show on the participants and their families, as well as the audience. The show is so engrossing, yet depressing, as most couples usually fall out due to differences in lifestyles and goals. The editing of clips, as well as stressful situations, bring out the more toxic sides in people, which sometimes makes the show hard to watch. 

In each season, however, participants have been able to find love so deep that there are couples who commit to marriage (and are still married today!). From what I have seen, there are so many shows across the Internet that have too many seasons.

Whether or not you choose to explore this new season is up to you; however, if you decide to watch it, be sure to bring your tissues and lock down your social media until the grand finale (it gets intense!).

LIB S3 Reunion 00524 R?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Sara Mally/Netflix © 2022

As an avid “Love is Blind” fan, I will continue to watch the seasons. Although I am not typically one for romance or reality TV shows, I am always excited to see if the participants — who are actively putting their lives on the line in the name of finding love — will commit to marriage in just a month and discover if love is truly blind after all.

Happy watching! 

Christina is a second-year student in the Schreyer Honors College at Penn State. She is studying Telecommunications & Media Industries and Spanish. Outside of Her Campus at PSU she participates in Mock Trial, Caliente Dance Company, Empowering Women in Law, and is working in her first internship with Health Promotion and Wellness at Penn State.