Everything You Need To Know About The New Nutella Cafe in NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

In case you haven’t heard, a new Nutella Cafe just opened up in New York City. Being a chocolate lover myself, I immediately knew I had to go. The cafe opened its doors just a few weeks ago and people are already going crazy over it. Hundreds of people were waiting in line at 8 a.m. on the cafe’s opening day, just waiting to see what the buzz was all about. I decided to go and try it to see if it could live up to its expectations. 

Located in Union Square, this cafe is a must-go if you plan on visiting New York City. From the decorations to the menu and the little gift shop, everything screams Nutella! The front door is even shaped like a Nutella jar – it doesn’t get any cooler than that.

As you enter the cafe, you feel like you’re stepping right into a Nutella Jar as you’re hit with the delicious smell of the chocolate and hazelnut spread. The inside of the store is just as aesthetically pleasing as the outside, and its decorated with orange and white – aka Nutella’s signature colors.

By the cash registers, there’s a stunning white mural with Nutella written all over it, which is great if you’re looking for a cute backdrop for an Instagram photo! 

Now, in terms of the menu, everything contains Nutella (as expected.) From Nutella ice cream, to crepes, muffins, croissants, crepes, shakes and coffees – you can expect to find a lot of delicious hazelnut sweets!

I highly suggest the crepes with Nutella and strawberries, as they’re a classic and won’t let you down.

If you head over to the gift shop, you can even buy a Nutella Jar with your name on it. This could be a cute gift idea for a friend or family member now that the holidays are approaching! 

If you plan on going, I suggest you go really early in the morning to avoid long lines (I went at 8 a.m. and it wasn’t too crowded.) It’s fair to say that I enjoyed my experience at this new cafe as it’s a very original concept, and I recommend everyone who’s visiting NYC to go and try it! 

I’m a current junior majoring in Journalism and French at Penn State. My dream is to work in publishing after college and go to law school to study corporate law. 
Samantha Grillo graduated from Penn State University with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism. She loves creative writing, pop culture and Penn State, all of which led her to joining the Her Campus Penn State team at the beginning of her freshman year as a contributing writer. In her free time, Samantha enjoys reading, watching her favorite TV shows, and catching up on the latest movies.