Dressing for themed parties, Sarah Wartman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

With warm weather finally melting the signature snow and slush of State College, you know that it means one thing: themed parties! Finally we can brave the great outdoors without being bundled in giant frackets, and that equals fun themes that everyone can enjoy. I asked one PSU girl dressed to rep ‘Merica what she thinks you should remember when you’re hunting for those sequin shorts or that metallic dress for your next outfit adventure.

Name: Sarah Wartman

Year: Sophomore

Major: Communications Arts and Sciences

What she’s wearing: A cobalt blue bandeau from H&M paired with acid wash cutoff high-waisted denim jean shorts from Urban and beige cork Steve Madden platform wedges. Accessorized with a simple silver David Yurman ring, a red bandana headband, and signature red Mac lipstick.

What do you think the most important thing is to remember about dressing for a theme?

To have fun with it and not try to be too sexy. Don’t be worried about what people think of you, have fun with it, and embrace the theme!

What is your favorite item of clothing in your closet that you’re ready to break out for the last few weeks of warm weather at PSU before summer?

Definitely my high-waisted pink shorts because they make me look tan and look great paired with anything.

Torri Singer is an undergrad student at Penn State University. She is a broadcast journalism major and loves all things creative, so when she joined the PSU HC chapter she knew it was right up her alley. Her favorite topics to cover include lifestyle, pop culture, relationships and current events. When she isn't writing or editing she loves trying her hand at photography and recently won second place in the national Society of Professional Journalism award for her photography coverage of Hurricane Sandy. Torri is currently interning in New York City in the creative services department of WPIX Chanel 11 News as well as writing editorial pieces for The Two River Times Newspaper in New  Jersey. After graduation she hopes to be heading to live in New York City, her favorite place in the world.
Maddie is a junior at Penn State pursuing a major in Public Relations with a minor in Business. She is from Timonium, MD. She loves all things pop culture and hopes to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.