Dressing for Holidays with the Fam, Allie Marzella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Name: Allie Marzella

Year: Junior

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Sometimes it’s hard to find the balance between stylish and stale when dressing for family events. You don’t want your great aunt to lecture you about the length of your skirt, but you also don’t want to roll up in that hand knit poncho grandma gifted you last Christmas. This HC style pick knows how to rock a family friendly look while still looking fabulous, and she says the most important thing to remember is shopping smartly. Allie says there is no need to spend a lot of money on expensive items to look great.

What she’s wearing: A high-low cream and olive color dress with a chocolate braided belt accent from Charlotte Russe, layered gold necklaces from Forever21, gold watch from Style & Co, and buckled strappy heels from Banana Republic.

HC: What is your advice to other college girls looking to look put together without breaking the bank?

Allie: My tip is to shop on a bargain! My whole outfit looks fancy and it was under $50.

HC: How do you usually go about putting together a look?

Allie: Think about the colors that go with the holiday. I usually start with the jewelry and work my outfit off that.

Torri Singer is an undergrad student at Penn State University. She is a broadcast journalism major and loves all things creative, so when she joined the PSU HC chapter she knew it was right up her alley. Her favorite topics to cover include lifestyle, pop culture, relationships and current events. When she isn't writing or editing she loves trying her hand at photography and recently won second place in the national Society of Professional Journalism award for her photography coverage of Hurricane Sandy. Torri is currently interning in New York City in the creative services department of WPIX Chanel 11 News as well as writing editorial pieces for The Two River Times Newspaper in New  Jersey. After graduation she hopes to be heading to live in New York City, her favorite place in the world.
Maddie is a junior at Penn State pursuing a major in Public Relations with a minor in Business. She is from Timonium, MD. She loves all things pop culture and hopes to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.