This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Everywhere I go, I am seeing Birkenstock’s Boston clogs. The shoes have been a staple but are currently booming due to TikTok. Celebrities such as Kendall Jenner and Kaia Gerber have been spotted wearing them around Los Angeles.

The Boston clogs have gotten so popular that Birkenstock is struggling to keep up with the demand, and they are being resold for double the price.

The shoe’s availability to easily slip on and neutral colors make it a versatile option for every day.

The clogs come in regular/wide or medium/narrow with sizes ranging from 4 to 12.5 inches for women and 6 to 17.5 inches for men.

Specific to the Bostons, is the closed toes and one strap featuring an adjustable metal buckle to loosen or tighten the fit as needed.

The Birkenstock Boston clogs first became a hit on college campuses in the 80s and have been around since. And, as we all know, college students love being comfortable and putting minimal effort into stumbling out the door for their 8 a.m. classes.

The shoes offer the classic Birkenstock orthopedic comfort and are part-slipper, part-loafer as the closed toes offer all weather protection.

The clogs are booming because of the ability to dress them up or down with endless ways to style them from a casual walk or with a skirt.

The popularity from TikTok, where the hashtag “#Birkenstockboston” has over 81 million views, has made the shoe’s controversial. While some consider it stylish and cute, others refer to them as “potato shoes” because of the neutral, brown colors and simple shoe .

The price is a large reason for many to consider them overrated. The normal retail price is $160 but devout fans have reported paying $330 for a pair on resale sites so they can join the latest fad.

There are a variety of Boston clogs available including faux leather, regular leather and fur lined.

If you want a pair, you will have to constantly check the website for restocks and hope you’re one of the lucky ones. But, if you’re willing to sacrifice a bit of the comfort for cheaper options, all you need to do is look below.

Steve Madden

Steve Madden offers clogs for $69.95 with raving reviews praising the comfort and price. The brand is credible so you know you will get great quality for what you pay.

Cushionaire

Cushionaire Hana Clogs are a $40 alternative to the Bostons. They have a 4.3 out of 5 rating with over 1,300 reviews on Amazon. Reviewers have said they’re weather resistant, comfortable right outside of the box and don’t feel cheap at all!

Kohl’s

Kohl’s brand “Sonoma Brands for Life” makes a dupe at $49.99 for one-third of the price. These clogs have been promoted on TikTok as an affordable version of the Birkenstocks and also feature the soft foam footbed.

It seems from all the raving reviews that investing in a pair of clogs is a trend to hop on. Whether you take the jump for Birkenstock Boston’s or opt for one of the cheaper dupes, the shoes are a versatile, comfortable and simple option.

Good luck if you attempt to grab one of the sold out Bostons!

Ashley is a freshman at Penn State University majoring in broadcast journalism. In her free time, she loves reading, watching premier league football, obsessing over Harry Styles, and proclaiming her love for Saquon Barkley.