Chicken Soup for the Collegiate Soul

Women are composed of a variety of interesting, unique and intriguing individuals.
Though diverse, young women around the globe take that independence and use it to their advantage. However sometimes, those vastly distinctive, yet amazing features and feelings send us in different directions, needing different advice.

Here is a collection of inspiring quotes, for those times which do set us apart, yet somehow bring all women together as one.

For the sick and tired soul:
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.” -Zig Ziglar

For the proactive soul:
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” -Teddy Roosevelt

For the sexy-and-you-know-it soul:
“Who has confidence in himself will gain the confidence of others.” -Leib Lazarow

For the politically-savvy soul:
“The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people, but the silence over that by the good people.” -Martin Luther King Jr.

For the altruistic soul:
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

For the determined soul:

“Going in one more round when you don't think you can, that's what makes all the difference in your life.” -Rocky Balboa

For the grieving soul:
“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” -Thomas Campbell

For the peace-keeping soul:
“Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be.” -Clementine Paddleford

For the single and fabulous soul:
“Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free till they find someone just as wild to run with them.” -Sex and the City

For the stressed and depressed soul:
“Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it comes and sits softly on your shoulder.”  -Henry David Thoreau

For the self-respecting soul:
“We can lower our bar. Or we can take it elsewhere.” -Mari Ruti

For the musically-inclined soul:
“If you got a pen and pad put your heart down.” -Macklemore

For the nostalgic soul:

“Understand that friends come and go, but with the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.” -Baz Luhrmann

For the restless soul:
“That's the key to having it all: stop expecting it to look like what you thought it was going to look like.” -Sex and the City

For the sexually mischievous soul:
“Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.” -Marilyn Monroe

For the indecisive soul:
“100 percent of the shots you don't take don’t go in.” -Wayne Gretzky

For the career-obsessed soul:
“You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.” -Steve Jobs

For the self-conscious soul:
“Happy girls are the prettiest.” -Audrey Hepburn

For the lovelorn soul:

“Yeah, losing your heart’s desire is tragic. But gaining your heart's desire, it’s all you can hope for. This year, I wished for love; to immerse myself in someone else and to wake a heart long afraid to feel. My wish was granted. And if having that is tragic, then give me tragedy. Because I wouldn't give it back for the world.” -One Tree Hill

Born and raised by two Nittany Lions, Rachel continued the tradition by attending Penn State University in the fall of 2009. Currently a senior journalism major, Rachel also spends her time minoring in both psychology and Spanish. During her sophomore year she wrote for the Greek newspaper at Penn State as a member of Alpha Xi Delta, followed by joining the Her Campus team as a writer and the Public Relations/Social Media Manager in the fall of her junior year. In search of mastering the Spanish language, Rachel indulged herself in the country of Spain for five months while she studied abroad in the city of Alicante during the spring of 2012. In order to keep her English up to par, Rachel blogged about her experiences for both her personal account and Her Campus at Penn State. With a love for shoes, smiles, and a good bowl of mac and cheese, this social media fiend never leaves her twitter by its lonesome. Follow Rachel @hayhayitsrayray as she pursues her dream as an aspiring magazine editor and world traveler.