This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

It’s not every day that us college girls get the chance to talk on the phone with a big name celebrity. Naturally, when we were given the opportunity to chat with comedian Adam DeVine (Pitch Perfect, Workaholics) about the premiere of his new show, Adam DeVine’s House Party, we couldn’t resist.

Unlike Workaholics (DeVine’s original show on Comedy Central), House Party is produced using a unique format combining scripted story lines, stand-up comedy, musical guests and a touch of reality. During the eight-episode season, viewers will find out what happens behind the scenes when DeVine is given a massive party budget and free reign of an LA mansion. Things will get a little crazy as some of DeVine’s favorite up-and-coming comedians stop by to enjoy the party and perform stand-up sets on the incredible backyard stage.  

Here are some interesting bits from our chat with Mr. DeVine…

ŸHC: Your comedy style seems like it’s really expressive, animated and over-the-top. Does that come naturally to you?

DeVine: “It’s just sort of who I am. I’ve got a weird, big, dumb face. I can move in all sorts of weird different directions so I think that helps me out.”

ŸHC: Where did you get the inspiration for House Party?

DeVine: “We’ve had house parties forever because before we got this show we were so broke that we couldn’t afford to go out to bars. As soon as we got the show [Workaholics], me, Kyle[Newacheck] and Blake[Anderson] all moved to this insane house in the Hills that we rented and had insane bonkers parties.”

HC: What is it like to play yourself on the show?

DeVine: “I mean, it’s different. Because if I played myself it would be ‘Snoozeville! This guy is boring he likes fro-yo too much and drinks too much iced coffee.”

ŸHC: An essential part to any house party is the entertainment. What would you say your favorite drinking game is?

DeVine:  “I was a beer pong fanatic. I was never any good at it but that’s sort of better because that just means I got to drink more beer. I was always kind of a little bummed when I would win at beer pong because then I was like oh, wait, now they get to drink my beer that I poured into these cups? Not fair.”

HC: ŸDescribe yourself in three words.

DeVine: “Bodacious, radical and gnar.”

Watch Adam DeVine’s House Party Thursdays at 12:30 ET on Comedy Central. 

Rachel Elman is currently a senior at Penn State University majoring in public relations and minoring in international studies. She recently returned from a semester abroad studying at the University of Sydney, Australia. Rachel plans to become a publicist in the entertainment industry. Follow her journey at @RachelElman on Twitter and Instagram!
Torri Singer is an undergrad student at Penn State University. She is a broadcast journalism major and loves all things creative, so when she joined the PSU HC chapter she knew it was right up her alley. Her favorite topics to cover include lifestyle, pop culture, relationships and current events. When she isn't writing or editing she loves trying her hand at photography and recently won second place in the national Society of Professional Journalism award for her photography coverage of Hurricane Sandy. Torri is currently interning in New York City in the creative services department of WPIX Chanel 11 News as well as writing editorial pieces for The Two River Times Newspaper in New  Jersey. After graduation she hopes to be heading to live in New York City, her favorite place in the world.