“Call It What You Want,” But Foster the People Rocked PSU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Last Friday night, Foster the People made a stop at the Bryce Jordan Center during their tour and it’s safe to say they have a following here in Happy Valley.  It all started with the release of their catchy hit single “Pumped Up Kicks” that had everyone hooked, singing along and wanting more of this unique indie rock sound, and they’re still going as strong as ever.

Fans began filing in when the doors opened and didn’t stop until there was no personal space to be had.  The opening act, The Velvet Teen, set the mood and pumped up the crowd, no pun intended, but they weren’t quite what fans wanted.  After an hour of anticipation passed, Foster the People finally hit the stage, and the energy was unbelievable.

Between the infectious energy of Mark Foster and the reciprocated energy of fellow bandmates, you couldn’t help but feel good.  They performed songs off of both their older album, Torches, as well as many from their newest release, Supermodel.  Even if you didn’t know the songs, you were compelled to dance and sing along.

Personally, I’ve loved them from the start, and quite frankly, adore their talent and passion. Even audience members who got dragged there by their roommates despite FTP not being their “cup of tea,” had a great time and will admit that if you weren’t there, you missed out. *

* I may or may not have done this to my roommates 

Kearsten is a proud Penn State alumna.  She received her B.A. in journalism in May 2015.  During her time at Penn State, she loved editing the work of her fellow writers through her position as the Vice President and Head Editor for Her Campus Penn State.  As far as post-grad life goes... as long as she can write or edit, she is happy!   
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.