This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Year: Freshman

Major: Supply Chain or Accounting (still undecided)

Hometown: Malvern, PA

Relationship Status: Single

HC: So your Big, Dave, was a Campus Cutie. How does that make you feel?

BY: Dave is one of the best guys I know and is one of my best friends here at Penn State. I’m glad we were both interviewed as Campus Cuties. Maybe it’ll start a family tradition.

HC: What is your favorite part about being in Beta Theta Pi?

BY: The sense of brotherhood. Beta has a lot of good guys, and I can tell some of them will be my friends for life. I didn’t get the same sense of brotherhood at any other house while rushing.

HC: What do you want to do with your major?

BY: Interesting question… I’m in the Naval ROTC program here at Penn State, so that means I’ll have a 5-year commitment to the Navy after I graduate. As far as my major goes, I want to be a forensic accountant for an accounting firm or possibly even the FBI.

HC: Describe yourself in 5 words.

BY: Witty, insightful, unorganized, fun, shy.

HC: What is one thing no one would ever guess about you?

BY: I am actually very different once you get to know me, compared to when you first meet me.

HC: Favorite food?

BY: Steak Marsala.

HC: If you could take one celebrity on a date, who would it be and why?

BY: I’m going to have to go with Jennifer Lawrence. She’s gorgeous and one of my favorite actresses.

HC: What are you pet peeves?

BY: Indecisiveness, people who are really loud for no reason and people who aren’t open-minded.

HC: What are your biggest turn offs in a girl?

BY: When girls are standoffish, judgmental, immature and constantly on their phones.

HC: Biggest turn on?

BY: I like it when a girl is confident, intelligent and has a witty sense of humor.

HC: Favorite movie?

BY: Tie between Good Will Hunting and Fight Club.

HC: What is your ideal date?

BY: I’m a big golfer, so the ideal date would be teaching a girl how to golf on the driving range followed by a nice dinner.

HC: What is something you want to cross off of your bucket list?

BY: I want to travel to all 59 National parks. I’ve been to 9 so far, so I have a long way to go.

HC: What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received and from whom?

BY: It’s called the 24-hour rule. If you get disappointed, grieve for 24 hours and move on. If you have success with something, celebrate for 24 hours then get back to work. I was told that advice from Justin Kurpeikis. He’s an ex-NFL player and PSU grad. He spoke at one of my ROTC briefing sessions.

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.