This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

When you live in rainy State College, trying to get a good tan is nearly impossible. Since I’m a girl that usually burns more than tans and has an inherent fear of tanning beds (not today, skin cancer!), self-tanner is my perfect solution to keeping myself from looking like Casper the Friendly Ghost’s only living relative.

So, naturally, I’ve tried a lot of self-tanner. Not just a couple brands either – I’ve tried a lot. In my early self-tanner days, I’m not ashamed to admit I ended up orange and streaky rather than sun-kissed a lot of the time; there’s been a good deal of trial and error over the years. That’s why, when I tried Bondi Sands self-tanner, it was like finding the Holy Grail.

Bondi Sands self-tanners come in a variety of shades from light to ultra-dark, so people of all skin tones can reach their perfect level of sun-kissed beauty. They also have their own self-tanning mitts, so that when you’re actually applying the product, you can be sure it goes on evenly and doesn’t leave you with hands that look like they’re several shades different from the rest of your body. If the goal is to look like I just came back from a month on the beach in Austrailia, all I can say is they nailed it. 

Another thing that I really liked about their products is that they also have a self-tanner eraser, which is something I’ve never tried. Sometimes, when I’m using a mousse or lotion type of self-tanner, it can end up looking a little streaky, or darker in the spot where it’s initially applied. Other times, it goes where I don’t want it to go, and I usually don’t have much of a choice other than to shake my fists and eat my emotions (you know, the usual reaction, nbd) but with Bondi Sands’ self-tanner eraser, those problems don’t exist for me!

You can pick up this tanner at Walgreens, which makes it super simple to pick up instead of having to hunt online and in a bunch of random stores. 

If only their eraser could erase my stress and the bags under my eyes from studying for finals. Oh well – at least when I walk into finals this week, it’ll look like I’ve already hit the beach before everyone else!

I am a Public Relations major at the Pennsylvania State University. When I'm not writing for Her Campus, I enjoy watching the Office and volunteering at my local animal shelters.
Allie Bausinger is a Penn State University graduate who majored in Print/Digital Journalism with a minor in English. She is from "outside Philadelphia," which in her case is Yardley, Pennsylvania. Allie is looking for full-time employment in writing, editing, fact-checking, podcasting, and other areas of the journalism and writing fields.