Blue-White Weekend Recap + Contest Winner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

It’s only been a few days since the Blue-White game, but the mems are still fresh in our minds. With picture-perfect tailgates and beautiful weather, Instagrammable photo-ops were being taken left and right, and our news feeds have been blowing up with blue and white collegiettes ever since. Here are a few of our favorites along with our contest winner!

Honorable Mentions:

You can’t go wrong with the classics. Photo cred: @hollydimitry

We’re not sure what’s cuter – the smiles or the Nitanny Lion ears? Photo cred: @jacquelinenapolitano

Glowing with happiness because there’s a buffet of food in the background. Photo cred: @rachaeldavid

Penn State sweethearts in the making. Photo cred: @lexiseaman

Soft smiles, full hearts, can’t lose. Photo cred: @theloveofraynay

Poses on point. Photo cred: @antonia_ertman

Killin’ it with the double dab. Photo cred: @prescription_med

Double-taps for everyone, but there’s only one IG we could award the grand prize.

And the grand prize winner is…

Jumping for joy and beaming with pride in front of the Penn State gates – it doesn’t get more Blue-White than that! Congrats, @rachey1822!

Thanks for your entries, Staters. Until next year!

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.