Life > Experiences

Best Things to Do With Your Gals on Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

If you find yourself uncuffed for cuffing season, fear not because the best holiday is right around the corner: Galentine’s Day. Originating from the fan favorite TV show Parks and Rec, Galentine’s day falls on the 13th of February and is dedicated to celebrating the most important people in your life, your gals. If you find yourself lost of ideas to do this Galentine’s day, here are a couple ways to celebrate this special day. 

Leslie Knope Gif Ladies Celebrating Ladies
Giphy

Brunch

Take after Leslie and start your day off with some breakfast foods, preferably waffles. Though we don’t have JJ’s, any brunch place will do as long as you can treat yourself to delicious baked goods. Brunch is the perfect way to start the day off sweet and spend some quality time with your ladies. 

Rom Coms

Even though today is about the ladies, it doesn’t hurt to watch some cringe worthy rom coms. Grab some blankets, a bottle of wine, and get comfy on the couch. Though, if you’re at a loss for which ones to watch and you don’t want to stick with the cliques, here are a few suggestions: Pretty Woman, 10 Things I Hate About You, Crazy, Supid, Love, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days (personal fav), 27 Dresses, 50 First Dates, The Proposal, Five Year Engagement, and 13 Going on 30.  

At home spa day

Nothing beats a spa day, but most of the time professional spas can be very expensive. When you’re ballin on a budget look no further than the skin care isle at your local drug store or Target. They have some pretty amazing face masks and scrubs for a fraction of the price you would pay at a more high end establishment. From personal experience, I would stay away from the Yes To brand if you have sensitive skin and stick with Neutrogena or Aveeno. Don’t forget to grab some nail polish and herbal tea for the perfect day of relaxation. 

Have a good ole fashion sleepover 

Who says kids are the only ones who can have good old fashioned slumber parties? Gather the girls, grab some air mattresses, and make a night out of it. Anything from a dance party to a gossip session will work, as long as you all are together and having fun. 

Wine night

Since everyone’s already staying over, wine-not turn into a party. Grab your favorite bottle and a box of chocolate and relax with the girls. You all deserve something to take the edge off and what better way than with a class of Pino. 

Current Senior at PSU UP. I live right outside of DC in Bethesda, MD and I am on track to be an Advertising and Public Relations major with a minor in Business I love sitcoms, stand-up and spend my time hanging out with friends and traveling.