The Best Recipes To Get You In The Mood For Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Since it is the beginning of November, that means there are only 2 weeks until the best day of the year, Thanksgiving. Everyone is getting in the mood with fall as the leaves are changing and the air is starting to crisp. Pumpkin Spice everything is showing up around you and you instantly feel like fall is officially in the air. In order to get you completely in the mood for Fall, here is a list of recipes that allow your tastebuds to enjoy the essences of Fall as well.

Appetizer #1: Butternut Squash Apple Bruschetta

If Butternut Squash Apple Bruschetta doesn’t scream Fall, I don’t know what does. This mouth watering appetizer will start your tastebuds on a trip right down into the Autumn Lane.

Appetizer #2: Sausage and Stuffing Balls with Cranberry Dipping Sauce ​

These cute appetizers will get you ready to get into the Thanksgiving spirit!

Starter #1: Autumn Minestrone Soup

All of the classic flavors of a Minestrone soup with a twist. Add in some butternut squash, kale, and zucchini and you’ve got an italian favorite turned Fall-y.

Starter #2: Fall Harvest Salad Salad with Pumpkin Goddess Dressing

Nothing goes better with a good soup like a great salad to go with it. Get the best of both with this yummy fall harvest salad!

Main Course #1: Stove Top Pumpkin Mac and Cheese

My mouth is WATERING right now. This all american classic takes an Autumn spin with pumpkin puree. It’s the best of both worlds with this cheesy delectable dinner.

Main Course #2: Sweet Potato and Kale Grilled Cheese

If you’re a foodie like I am, grilled cheese is at the top of your list to eat. Take an autumn spin on a classic favorite.

Side #1: Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cinnamon Butternut Squash, Pecans and Cranberries.

Get your helping of veggies and nuts with these roasted favorites!

Side #2: Loaded Mashed Potato Egg Rolls

Now, I know what you’re thinking- this is such a strange combination. I am here to prove you wrong. These would be THE BEST side because it’s a very different spin on a Thanksgiving favorite.

Dessert #1: Apple Crisp Stuffed Baked Apples

If picking apples off the trees doesn’t scream Fall, I don’t know what is. These Apple Crisp Stuffed Baked Apples will be the perfect topping of your Autumn themed dinner.

Dessert #2: Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Dip

Last but not least, the most basic of all desserts. Nothing will top off the night better than dipping your warm cookies into this pumpkin flavored dessert.

Happy Fall, Collegiettes! 

Photo Credit: 1

Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English.