Best Places to Brunch in State College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

There’s no better way to spend a weekend morning than with a delicious brunch. Brunch offers those of us who aren’t “morning people” a time to eat pancakes after noon without being judged. It’s a time to gossip about your adventures from the night before while taking aesthetically pleasing pictures of your coffee and avocado toast. Here are our favorite places to brunch in State College:

MOST CLASSIC PENN STATE EXPERIENCE:

The Waffle Shop

There aren’t many things we would wait in line for on a Sunday morning. However, the Waffle Shop is definitely one of them. The menu and atmosphere is on point, and every Penn Stater needs to stop here at least once before graduating.

HEALTHIEST

Café Verve

Being vegan in State College is not always an easy task, but Café Verve’s vegan menu makes it a lot easier.  We suggest trying one of their smoothie bowls to start your day off with a super healthy but filling meal. 

Sower’s Harvest

If you’re leaning more toward the lunch side of brunch, check out Sower’s Harvest. They have a huge menu with tasty sandwiches and omelets made with organic, cage-free eggs.

BEST TO-GO

Bagel Crust

Although this place is best known for its bagels, Bagel Crust has a large assortment of omelets, sides and sandwiches as well. Don’t forget to order online if you want to beat the line.

BEST BUFFET

Barrel 21

Make sure to have an empty stomach for this brunch buffet.  For just $18, you can get access to their Sunday brunch buffet table, which is stacked with bagels, fruit, yogurt, salads and pretty much everything else imaginable.  Plus, for those who are 21 years or older, there’s a bloody mary bar. Pro tip: don’t forget to save room for the dessert table.  

WORTH THE TRIP

The Naked Egg

Although it’s located a bit outside of the downtown area, The Naked Egg is one of our top picks and definitely the most Instagrammable spot on our list. We recommend trying one of their eggs benedict dishes.  

Which one will be your new brunch spot? 

Kelsie Ahern is a Sophomore at Penn State majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Art History. She has a love for everything fashion, french bull dogs, and a good brunch.
Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.