Style > Beauty

Best Holiday Gifts For Those Who Love Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Unsure of what to gift that beauty guru friend of yours? Here are some makeup suggestions that will have friends thinking you’re the balm this holiday season!

Laura Mercier- Caviar Stick Eye Color

This eyeshadow stick is perfect if you’re too lazy to do a whole look because its creamy paste will have your eyelids popping with shimmer. With little blending, it’s super easy to use if you’re like me and are not so great at makeup. A fun little makeup tip for this product is to place the eyeshadow not just on your lid but on your waterline as well. This will make your eyes pop even more while drawing attention to your whole eye rather than just the eyelid.

Benefit Cosmetics-Hoola Matte Bronzer

Hoola bronzer is always a classic in the makeup community. I highly doubt this gift will disappoint since you can never go wrong with bronzer. This product gives you the perfect glow during the winter season, especially when your summer tan begins to fade. It’s available in the shades: Hoola, Hoola lite, Hoola caramel, and Hoola toasted. So, whichever shade you believe fits your friend the most, don’t be shy, get shopping!

Colour Pop- Bare Necessities Eyeshadow Palette

It says it all in the name! The bare necessities eyeshadow palette is an essential gift this holiday season. It has every shade of bronzed and buttery shadow you could possibly think of. With super pigmented colors, you can create tons of beautiful matte, and shimmery eyeshadow looks all with this palette.

Charolette Tilbury- Beauty Light Wand

This makeup product has become an internet sensation and certainly deserves all the hype. The “pinkgasm” wand is a glowing, liquid blush that doubles as a highlighter. It effectively brightens and tints your cheekbones for that perfect rosy look. Purchase this gift fast, as it is a fan favorite and goes super fast during the holidays!

Buxom- Full On Plumping Lip Cream Gloss

Buxom’s plumping lip gloss is a personal favorite. It’s long-lasting and comes in many fun pigments that fit all types of lip colors. What I enjoy most about this product is that its the perfect balance of gloss and tint. You’re able to achieve that glossy look with a little bit of color to spice it up.

Estee Lauder- Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation

I find that it’s super hard to find a product that checks all the boxes to the perfect foundation, but this one definitely does! The stay-in-place foundation by Estee Lauder will leave your face looking absolutely flawless all day. It’s available in over 56 shades and is streak-free! If you gift this product to a makeup lover, I’m confident they will fall in love with it.

Nars- Radiant Creamy Concealer

Nars’s creamy concealer is the ideal stocking stuffer this holiday season. It’s by far the most reliable concealer out there and hides all those skin imperfections you don’t want anyone seeing. Some concealers can be super dry, but the Nars is true to its name and is super creamy. In addition, it is long-lasting and comes in tons of shades for every skin tone, and it works for all skin types.

Vanessa Hohner is currently a first-year student minoring in Journalism at Penn State. She loves all things writing and has a special place in her heart for reality TV.