Style

Best Fashion Items to Put on Your Christmas List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

‘Tis the season of your relatives asking for your Christmas list. Every year around Thanksgiving comes the two inevitable conversations about how the school year is going and what you want for Christmas. If you ever have trouble coming up with what to say, here are some fashion-forward ideas for your list this year to answer at least one of their questions.

Uggs

Uggs are all the rage this year, as they were last year, so why not ask for a cozy pair of boots? Plus, there are so many different types of Uggs — short, tall, slippers, even the slipper slides look comfortable. There are so many different color options and sizes — you could go for the classic short Chestnut colored Uggs or a hot pink Tasman slipper.

Fleece Jacket

As it gets colder, the idea of wearing a blanket around sounds like a great idea, but since you can’t do that, the next best option is a fleece jacket. The thicker the jacket, the warmer and cozier you will be. If you are looking for something more practical, you could go for a North Face fleece or you could go for a more fashionable one at your nearby department store.

Headphones

Yes, this counts as fashion because how can you hide them? Headphones are always visible, so why not go for the most fashionable, yet comfortable ones?

There are many different types of headphones that are popular right now — the Apple AirPods Max that come in a few fun colors and the Sony WH-1000XM3, one of the best noise-canceling headphones in the game. As long as you research which headphones you want, there is no going wrong when you get the right pair.

Tote Bag

One of the more fun trends to come out of 2022 has been tote bags — whether it is one from their favorite artist, book store, you name it, everyone seems to be walking around with one. There are so many different options for tote bags, you don’t even have to spring for the beige canvas one, you could get a more colorful one that matches your everyday look or go even more high fashion with The Tote Bag from Marc Jacobs which seems to be everywhere.

Phone Case

Having a fun phone case that matches your outfit really brings everything together. Phones have become fashion accessories and the nice ones can be expensive as ever so put a Wildflower or Casetify case on your list that matches your style.

Perfume

Your scent is just as important as any other part of your outfit. The way you smell is also a part of how people see you, so it’s important to pick out something that defines you.

Target has a good line of natural scents to pick from. You could go with a popular classic, Cloud by Ariana Grande, or a more recent sought-after scent, Glossier You perfume.

There are so many fun ways to spice up your outfit, whether it’s by adding a fun accessory, getting a new statement piece, or making sure that you smell the best. Here are some options to tell your relatives next time they ask what you want for Christmas — and when in doubt ask for a gift card to any of these brands or splurge on yourself this Christmas.

Sophia is a junior majoring in Public Relations at Penn State University. She loves watching movies, listening to music, and hanging out with her friends.