The Best Apps to Keep Your Guy Well-Dressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

In the world of fashion and looking good, it’s pretty safe to say that women dominate. We’re always aware of what’s in and what’s not, which stores are opening a location in town, and even when Tobi has its 50% off sales. It may be time for guys to start learning how to match their shirt to their pants on a daily basis.

Introducing the newest clothing apps for guys: JackThreads and Trunk Club. Both apps can be found on the App Store for FREE (aka, no excuse not to tell your guy to try them out).

JackThreads “Great gear, great value, shopping that doesn’t suck”

This app has everything a guy could ever need. From clothes to accessories, and everything in between; even barware is included. JackThreads is free, members-only, and offers over 500 of the top street, surf, skate, and contemporary men’s brands including both gear and gadgets. They post 3-4 new sales at 12 P.M. daily that run for 48-72 hours. They have great deals, like a current “Jacktober” sale offering up to 70% off and free shipping to those spending $75 or more. A lot of their inventory is very affordable for the average college guy.  Like 2-for-$60 watches and even 50% off jackets and coats. The app allows you to shop by category, by filter, by sale, and even keep your own ‘Favorites’ tab. 

Trunk Club “Look great, without the work”

This app is a little different than JackThreads. The first step is signing up and completing a quick style survey that matches you with a personal stylist. Next, your own personal stylist selects clothes and puts together a ‘trunk’ for you based on your preferences. Then you receive your trunk of hand-selected clothing of up to eight different pieces. Trunk Club makes it easy with free shipping and a 5-7 day arrival time.  Bonus: A prepaid return label is placed on your trunk for easy returns, if needed. This makes it possible for guys to try stuff on in the comfort of their own home, not in a claustrophobic dressing room, and they never have to actually go shopping. Trunk Club allows you 10 days to receive your trunk, try everything on, and decide what you want to keep – no rush! This app is more on the expensive side, offering premium clothing from top-tier and high-end brands.

So, we’ve made it pretty easy.  Now it’s your turn to try out these amazing apps and amp up your style!

Chellsy Costello is currently a senior at Penn State University majoring in Public Relations/Advertising and minoring in Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management. In her free time, she loves finding new artists to listen to, watching football, trying new recipes in the kitchen, and finding time to hit the gym. Her current and past experiences include Wenner Media, Press Here Publicity, The Nittany Lion Club, Varsity 'S' Club, Valley Magazine, and Happy Valley Communications. She hopes to land her dream job in New York City or another major city after graduation and someday hopes to travel as much as she can.
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.