andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Bachelor Recap: Week 6

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

This week on The Bachelor, Arie and his remaining 10 women traveled to Paris, ironically known as the City of Love. There was a group date, two one-on-one dates and the ever dreaded – but so entertaining – two-on-one date.

Lauren B. was up first with the one-on-one and things got a little scary. She didn’t open up much during their time out on the town and it was kind of awkward… just kidding, it was very awkward. It was looking like she was heading home, but things turned around once they sat down for dinner. Well, sort of. She was still quiet but she started to open up and tell Arie how hard it is for her to open up – which was kind of a pointless conversation since this was so obvious. Then, Arie dropped an atomic bomb by telling her the story of when he and an ex of his were expecting a baby together, but they lost the baby and the girlfriend moved away, never to return. In return, she told him she had been engaged at one point. In the end, she got a rose – not very entertaining but life will go on.

On group date, Arie took Tia, Sienne, Lauren B., Bekah M., and Becca K to the Moulin Rouge. The ladies learned choreography and danced to the best of their ability to win the ~ultimate~ prize: the opportunity to dance with Arie on stage in front of a crowd. Tia danced like she had two left feet while Sienne … well. In the end, Baby Bekah – as Rachel Lindsay likes to call her – won the chance to take the stage with Arie, and boy was it awkward. Arie had to lip-sync and Bekah wore a blonde wig. With the budget that they work with on that show, the date could have had a much better ending.

Next was the date of all dates: the two-on-one. The infamous date card addressed to Krystal and Kendall read its famous words, “Two women, one rose. One stays, one goes.”

The two ladies and Arie spent the day in the French countryside at a gorgeous chateau. But why not ruin the mood the mood by doing a maze to find Arie? After Kendall beat Krystal and found Arie, it was time to get talking. Krystal went first and pulled the most rookie mistake ever: she talked about another girl in the house. She told Arie that she didn’t think Kendall was ready for marriage, and of course, Arie told Kendall when they had the chance to talk and that’s what did it for Krystal. Arie was totally not vibing with her (finally) and sent her home. Worst of all, she hung around after; Kendall and Arie went to the Eiffel Tower to see the lights and Krystal stayed at the dinner table. I know this was probably an order from producers, but still – so awkward and weird.

Finally, for the one on one, Arie took Jacqueline in a little convertible that essentially broke down and forced them to walk the rest of the way on their date. Like he did with Becca K., he bought Jacqueline a new dress for their date; I guess he didn’t like what she had on? After dress shopping, they went to some restaurant and sat at the best table. The table looked no different than any of the other tables around them but apparently it was special. In all of Arie’s interviews, he hinted at sending Jacqueline home the whole time, and in Jacqueline’s interviews she cried just thinking about it. But of course, she got the rose and secured herself another week vying for Arie’s heart.

There wasn’t a cocktail party this week so things went right into the rose ceremony. Chelsea – the mom who constantly reminded everyone that she was a mom, and Jenna – the one that straddled Arie at a cocktail party – went home. Chelsea kept her cool and barely shed a tear, if any. Jenna, on the other hand, let out a Kim K ugly cry.

That’s all for this week. Next stop: Tuscany.

Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.