Ariana Grande’s Top 5 Tracks Ranked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

As one of the biggest pop stars in the world, Ariana Grande continues to release great music and prove her artistry with every album released. With hits like “Problem,” “The Way” and most recently “Positions,” the pop star continues to prove she is good at what she does.

As a longtime “arianator,” I’m going to reveal my opinion on her top five best songs based on all of her studio releases, including “Christmas and Chill:”

5. “December”

Shying away from the traditional approach to a Christmas release, Grande shows off her sultry vocals on quite the sultry Christmas song. “December” is all about making the holidays special for your significant other in more ways than one (wink-wink) and it’s the perfect song to get into an even more romantic mood for the holidays.

Making good use of a more R&B sound, “December” spices up her discography and sound; giving fans a song different from anything else she’d released thus far.

“December by Ariana Grande”

4. “Blazed”

Whenever Pharrell is featured on a track, it’s an automatic classic. With contributions to hits like “Drop It Like It’s Hot” with Snoop Dogg, Pharrell makes every song he works on amazing.

Grande ties in nicely with that distinct Pharrell sound and the pair have created one of the best songs to listen to during the summer. With the lyrics focused on keeping hold of that special someone, feelings are certainly quite hot and so is the beat.

“Blazed” by Ariana Grande and Pharrell Williams

3. “Jason’s sONG (gave it Away)”

Slowing things down halfway through this list, number three is given to none other than “Jason’s Song.” With the piano illuminating the song in the background and Grande’s strong “I don’t need your love if you won’t love me right” message, the lyrics and her voice makes this song such an Ariana classic.

With a few hard-to-hit high notes (believe me, I’ve tried), and a strong overarching theme “Jason’s Song” is by far one of Grande’s best songs, despite often being underrated by her other fans.

“Jason’s Song (Gave It Away)” by Ariana Grande

2. “Safety Net”

With this steady pulsing beat in the background and Ty Dolla $ign’s vocals layered just under Grande’s, “Safety Net” has to be one of her best songs yet. The beat perfectly matches the vibe of the song and possibly provides more than the lyrics do.

While the song focuses very heavily on not letting go of someone’s love, listeners can easily get lost in the harmonies of this beautiful song and message. “Every time you feel some way, feel a way/ Never let me run away, run away my baby” reels me into the song even more as it begins to fade out shortly after.

“Safety Net” by Ariana Grande and Ty Dolla $ign

Before revealing her best song in my opinion, I want to list off a few songs that almost made it into my top five:

Honorable mentions:

• “Tattooed Heart”
  • “Piano”
  • “Dangerous Woman”
  • “Imagine”
  • “Love Language” (my favorite song on “Positions”)
  • “Fake Smile”

1.” POV”

After hearing this song for the first time, I shed real-life tears. Grande put all of her experiences and issues with love and loving herself, into this beautiful work of art.

“POV” embodies just how deeply one can feel for another person, and I’m in love with the song. The beginning sounds like the start of a Disney Princess song and it blends beautifully with her airy sound.

Grande embodies possible feelings for her husband, past relationships, and personal all into one amazing song. This is for sure her best work yet.

“POV” by Ariana Grande

While Grande has endless other songs that could have made the list and I’ve likely already changed my mind about my ranking since writing this, in the end, all of this woman’s music is fantastic and realistically can’t be ranked.

Kaylyn is a senior, graduating in 2022, and hopes to live in a cool city after graduation. She is majoring in Broadcast Journalism, with a minor in theatre. After college, she hopes to work within the entertainment/lifestyle side of journalism and produce articles much like what she's doing at HerCampus at Penn State.