This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Junior year was one of the best yet, and as I begin my senior year, I am optimistic yet sad because I know it will fly by just as these past three years have.

There was a lot to learn throughout my year, not just in my classes but with my friends and the relationships I have with people at school. 

There are a lot of things I wish I knew and things that I needed reminding of as I navigated through this year. So here is an advice list. Take it or leave it.

Don’t procrastinate. School work, work for clubs, having that hard conversation. There are so many things that can be procrastinated, and it is better to get it done and get it out of the way. 

If it’s schoolwork or work for a club you’re in, you’ll feel so much better once it is done. As for hard conversations, they are necessary, and communication is key to any type of relationship.

Go out! If you are debating it and you want to go out, just go. You are only this young once, and you only have this much free time once. When you’re 35, you might not have as much time to go to a wine Wednesday. 

On the note of going out, don’t feel obligated just because your friends are. If you really don’t feel like going out, stay in. Watch a movie you like or catch up on that show you are binging. There is nothing wrong with not going out. 

Take care of your body. It’s your home and you only get one, so it’s so important to take care of it. Move your body daily, whether it’s the gym or your walk to class. Drink lots of water and eat balanced meals.

I know it’s hard to find the time to cook, or you don’t have the resources to make it some fancy meal you see on social media. As long as it’s balanced and you are nourishing your body, it’s good!

As for movement, any bit of movement is good. If you aren’t feeling the gym that day, a simple walk or at-home yoga will do the trick. 

Sleep. That’s all. Just get enough sleep. Your body needs it, and you will notice a difference when you get a full and good night’s rest. 

Make time for your friends. I know it can be difficult with everyone’s schedules, but it is so important to have those connections with your friends.

It could be hanging out and doing homework throughout the week, watching a movie on a night in, or a pregame before you all go out if you have no time that week. 

Maintaining those connections with your friends is vital; I would never survive without my friends! 

Just have fun. 

Life is too short to worry about what other people think or are doing. You are your own person and deserve to get every ounce of fun life has to offer. 

Enjoy your college years because you won’t get them back, and they go by way too fast. 

While all these pieces of advice are things you’ve heard over and over, I hate to say they’re true. They are repeated for a reason, and they are things that you have to relearn all the time.

Olivia Pettyjohn is a fourth-year journalism major at Penn State, planning to graduate in 2024.