halloween hookup horror stories?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween hookup horror stories?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
MIRAMAX

Actors I Need In The Next ‘Scream’ Movie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year again! And I mean fall, not Christmas time.

Autumn is my favorite season and I love all things fall. Fall snacks, fall weather, spooky movies… You name it. All these aspects make this season the coziest one.

Halloween (and horror in general) movies are a staple for the season and one of my favorite things about fall.

The “Scream” franchise is probably my favorite horror series and with the seventh one starting production soon, I’m crossing my fingers that at least one of these actors will be in it.

Havana Rose liu

If you haven’t seen “Bottoms” you need to add it your to list. It’s a fun, raunchy romcom with the vibes of a 2000s movie. Except it’s way more queer and violent.

It’s about a group of girls in a “fight club” at school where they teach each other how to fight so that they can protect themselves against men.

Spoilers ahead: the ending scene of the movie has all the girls in the club fighting their school’s rival football team to protect the guys from their own school team.

After this scene, the girls are covered in Blood and that was the moment that made me think of “Scream.”

I loved Havana Rose Liu’s character in this movie and I think her cute, innocent and yet vicious personality as her character, Isabel, would make a great Ghostface in the next “Scream” movie. 

Ayo edebiri

Also in the romcom “Bottoms” along with the Hulu show “The Bear,” Ayo Edebiri’s performance had me hoping she would follow her co-star, Rose Liu.

I love Edebiri and both characters she plays in the projects mentioned above. I feel that they both also fit the personality for the franchise “Scream” in different ways.

In “The Bear” her character, Sydney, is smart, calculated and a problem solver that I believe would be able to solve who “Ghostface” is.

On the other hand, I think her character in “Bottoms” would make a great Ghostface along Rose Liu.

“Scream” has done multiple Ghostfaces in most of the movies so I envisioned Rose Liu and Edebiri teaming up in this next one.

Jessica alexander

Jessica Alexander is a rising actress best known for her role as Vanessa, Ursula’s human form, in the 2023 adaptation of “The Little Mermaid.”

Alexander played the villain of this story perfectly and the sinister yet alluring personality reminded me of the latest Ghostface from the 2022 “Scream” movie, who is played by Mikey Madison. Madison played one of my favorite Ghostfaces and I would love it if they brought her back somehow.

Spoilers: I know she died in “Scream” (2022) but if I gaslight myself hard enough I can believe they will bring her back somehow. I envisioned Alexander’s potential character to be related in some way to Madison’s character and that could be how they bring Amber back into the story. 

courtney eaton

Courtney Eaton stars in “Yellowjackets” as Lottie Matthews. The show revolves around a girls high school soccer team that gets stuck in the woods after a plane crash on the way to a national competition.

In these woods, they experience sinister things that eventually start to get into their heads. As time goes on, Lottie is seen to have some sort of special connection to the woods and whatever spirit is holding them there. She experiences hallucinations and visions that make her sound insane to some of the other girls.

After watching Eaton’s creepy yet captivating performance, I need her in the upcoming “Scream” movie.

She has that ominous personality perfected and it would make a good Ghostface. She could even be one of the friends that the audience suspects to be the Ghostface because of her demeanor, but actually isn’t. 

Joe keery

I rewatch “Stranger Things” at least once a month and I love Joe Keery and his character in this show.

I also watched his indie movie, “Spree,” in which he plays a murderer. I feel that he would be great in this franchise and he could be amazing as Ghostface.

If he was cast in the movie as the killer, I think he could hide it and sell the innocent act very well.

It’s been speculated that the next “Scream” will be set around Christmas time. This reminded me of a commercial Keery did back in 2021 that had a horror aspect. 

This commercial is set in fall, but the scene of Keery next to the fireplace gives me winter vibes and with the spooky element of the whole commercial, it could be like the upcoming “Scream 7.” 

These are set in no specific order, I would love to see any of these actors in the franchise.

It also goes without saying, but a cameo of Neve Campbell returning as Sidney Prescott needs to happen.

I’m so excited to see what they come up with and how they keep the story going.

A third-year student at Penn State studying English with a passion for Journalism. When she is not writing, she is making Pinterest boards, painting, curled up with a good book or listening to Taylor Swift!