8 Things I’ve Learned From Living With 8 Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

I recently moved into a house with nine of my favorite gal-pals. This past summer, whenever I would tell people that I was about to move into a house with eight other girls, they would say, “Eight? Good luck!” I always left the conversation a bit wearisome, because it left me unsure if I’d made a mistake deciding to live with that many people. It may only be a few weeks into the year so far, but I’ve certainly already learned a few lessons that have changed my life forever:

1. Family dinners have the power to brighten your day.

2. Mamma Mia makes for the best sing-a-longs.

3. It’s more fun to watch Bachelor in Paradise with a group of people who provide superb commentary.

4. Girl power is real because girls can use power tools to make a bench for their porch.

5. A craft a day keeps the boredom away.

6. It’s important to remind your roommates to drink water because sometimes they forget.

7. When you meet a new neighbor, greet them with a nice “Howdy!”

8. You may not like each other always, but you love each other all the time.

I can’t wait to see what other wisdom my roommates will bestow upon me this year!

Maire is a junior at Penn State majoring in psychology. She loves ice cream, writing, and crocs. She hopes to grow as a writer during her time at Her Campus. She loves the environment. Follow her vegetarian food Instagram for cool and fun content @iturnipforvegetables !
Samantha Grillo graduated from Penn State University with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism. She loves creative writing, pop culture and Penn State, all of which led her to joining the Her Campus Penn State team at the beginning of her freshman year as a contributing writer. In her free time, Samantha enjoys reading, watching her favorite TV shows, and catching up on the latest movies.