hawaii jeep surf board beach
hawaii jeep surf board beach
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus

8 Restaurants to Eat at When Visiting the Jersey Shore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

I have spent my summers at the Jersey Shore since I was a kid and it is always this time of year when I start craving summer and my favorite restraunts. If you plan on visiting the Jersey Shore this summer check out my list of favorite restraunts that can be found in Cape May, WildWood, Ocean City and Somers Point.

El Pueblo Taqueria

This restaurant has two locations: North Cape May and Cape May. They have a variety of authentic Mexican food that is outstanding.

I normally have a chicken rice bowl and the ingredients are always fresh. However, the standout favorite for me from this restaurant is their guacamole. The amount you get for $10 is such a steal. 

The Raw Bar at The Lobster House

The Raw Bar has a location that can not be beat. You are right on the water and the atmosphere just screams relaxed summer vibes.

The seafood is super fresh and the best I’ve ever had. If you don’t like seafood, don’t worry. They have everything from sandwiches and burgers to soups and salads.

You order at the register, they call your number and you pick a table to eat at. This system is super great and it allows you to sit and hang out after you are done eating without feeling rushed. If you are 21+ they have pitchers too! 

Lucky Bones Back Water Grille

Lucky Bones is located in Cape May right over the bridge. It’s very popular so make a reservation prior to going or expect a wait.

My go-to favorites are Lil’s Last Stop Fries and the Sofia Pie. The Sofia Pie is a meal I crave all year long. The Backwater Grille Super Nachos are also very good, but there are so many options to choose from, including a gluten-free menu.

Jon & Patty’s Coffee Bar & Bistro

Jon & Patty’s is my go to breakfast spot in Ocean City, NJ. In the summer, it can be so crowded that it can be difficult to find a spot. However, this is the perfect sit-down breakfast spot on summer mornings.

My favorite items on the menu are the “Uncle Buck” Omelet, the Banana Boat Acai Bowl and their endless latte options. Their colorful decor and great food make this a memorable spot.

The Point

The Point is a restaurant and bar right on the bay in Somers Point, NJ. You will never want to leave this place! The whole place is a sandbox, it feels like you are on the beach!

Adirondack chairs are everywhere, string lights twinkle in the sky and numerous games such as cornhole and checkers bring such a fun vibe. The Point even has their own dock that you can boat up to. Definitely make sure to check the hours of when minors are welcomed in

Crabby Jack’s Bayside Bar

Crabby Jack’s is an outdoor restaurant right on the bay in Somers Point, NJ. You can find well-priced seafood and sandwiches here. New Jersey is known for their “Orange Crush” cocktails, and Crabby Jack’s has a variety of Crush flavors, along with cocktails. 

During the summer there tends to be a little wait, but it is totally worth it. They have a little bar in the parking lot where you can grab drinks and tailgate with a view.

The atmosphere of this place is awesome, with its view of the bridge going into Ocean City. They always have great music playing, and they occasionally feature live artists. Crabby Jack’s is the quintessential beachy bar that should definitely be a stop on your next Jersey Shore vacation.

Browns Restaurant

Browns Restaurant is located on the boardwalk in Ocean City, NJ. I live walking distance to this restaurant and it is dangerous!

Browns is known for their “Almost Famous Doughnuts.” They offer 6 flavors of donuts; Powder, Plain, Honey, Cinnamon, Chocolate and Vanilla. They are amazing and you should definitely try one when visiting the Jersey Shore.

If you are taking a walk on the beach, be sure to stop in for lunch or water ice! They offer dine in and take out, and they even sell some very cute merch! 

Shoobie’s Good Eats 

Shoobie’s Good Eats is located in North Wildwood, NJ. You can dine in and eat or order to go and eat on the beach!

My favorite items include the Ultimate Surfer Tacos, the Caprese sandwich, the Echo sandwich and the Parmesan Truffle Fries. Their shoobie sauce is outstanding, and is reason enough to visit.

We are about one month out from summer time and I am counting down the days to eat at these places! If you plan on visiting the Jersey Shore I highly reccomend visiting these spots- even if you do not get the items I have listed, there will be something there for you to enjoy. These restraunts are the best of the best!

Isabella Hunter is a Junior majoring in Advertising with a Digital Media Trends and Analytics minor. She has a strong love for the beach, blogging, and iced coffee.