7 Tips For Getting Good Grades This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

College can be overwhelming and at times you feel like you’re drowning in stress from your assignments and grades. Here are some tips to stay on top of your classes and getting the good grades you deserve.

1. Write your syllabus for each class on a calendar in your room. You will always know when exams are and will never miss an assignment again!

2. Start studying and writing papers days or even weeks ahead of the due date. You will be way less stressed and are likely to get a better grade since you’ve had more time to think about your work and polish up your final assignments.

3. Use Quizlet to study! If you have to memorize terms or even have a practice test, quizlet is a great way to prepare for an exam. Although we all know studying isn’t fun, it’s worth it at the end of the day.

4. Go to your instructor’s office hours when you don’t understand something or ask questions in class. This will show that you are trying to do your best in the class and truly want to succeed, which is something your instructor will remember.

5. Go to class. Although it is okay to skip a few classes, it is better if you take notes on your own. This way you will be sure to have the correct material to study!

6. Try to schedule classes you will actually enjoy. Let’s face it, we know you’re way more likely to skip class if it is unenjoyable. The website ratemyprofessors.com is a pretty good way to determine if a teacher or class is the right fit for your academic needs. Also, students rate the professors so the responses tend to be very honest.

7. Try not to stress out. College can be overwhelming at times but the more you complete your work and prepare in advance, the less stressed you will be in the long run which means you’ll have more time to relax!

Jackie Finnegan is a Senior at Penn State. She is majoring in both Art and Advertising. She loves expressing her creative side through painting and enjoys getting some fresh air either by snowboarding or hiking with friends.