6 Things You Need to Survive From Spring Break Until Summer

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Let’s face it: coming back to school after spring break is never easy. Whether you’re returning home from a relaxing week on the couch at home or coming back to State College sunburnt and missing the warm weather, the transition back to classes and the few weeks separating spring break from summer can be agonizing. Fortunately, HC Penn State has hooked us up with the perfect survival kit to make it through these next few weeks!

If you’re anything like me, you burn easily when you spend too much time in the sun, and whether it was a week in Puerto Vallarta or a week indoors, you have to protect your skin – especially now that it’s spring and it’s starting to warm up, I’m sure we’ll all be tempted to skip that afternoon class in favor of laying out in the sun). Luckily, Alba Botanica® Hawaiian Green Tea Sunscreen SPF 45 has us all covered. Non-greasy, long-lasting and water resistant, this lotion is the perfect broad spectrum sunscreen to apply daily and keep your skin looking right all semester long.

Now that it’s spring, it’s time to ditch the dark winter makeup and smoky eye (which is really just mascara from yesterday, but we won’t tell anyone). That’s where the Almay Shadow Squad™ Eyeshadow comes in. With 15 different shades ranging from neutral to vivacious color in either satin, matte, metallic, or glitter finishes, these eye shadows are exactly what the doctor ordered to liven up anybody’s look just in time for spring.

Now, you can’t have eye shadow without also completing the look with some bomb lip color: introducing the new Va-Va Plump Shiny Liquid Lipstick from Buxom Cosmetics. With 20 different shades, this plumping, shiny lipstick uses a unique precision applicator to coat your lips in whatever bold, long lasting color that you desire. What more could a girl ask for?

Once you’re equipped with the essential aforementioned makeup products and skin care, there’s only one thing missing – a killer tan. However, since we live in cloudy State College, that’s not likely to come by soon, and since we all know there’s nothing worse for your skin than the tanning bed, what else can we do? Fortunately, L’Oreal Paris has us covered with their new L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towlettes. Developing in just 2-4 hours, a 100% streak free, natural looking tan can be yours – all from the comfort of your own home. You can have everyone wondering how you got such a great tan.

You’ve got your tan, eye shadow, and lips looking just right –the only thing left is your hair! Good thing Bed Head has us all covered with both their Superstar Queen For a Day Thickening Spray – which will give you volume for days and adds texture and lift to anyone’s hair – and their Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray, which not only fights humidity and the dreaded frizz, but helps lock in and hold styles for up to 72 hours!

Lastly, there’s nothing more essential than what you carry in your bag every day. However, if you’re not carrying Krazy Glue All-Purpose Singles 4ct, then you’re not carrying all the essentials. These single use tubes are perfect for a fast fix on the go or in a pinch, and can work on anything you can think of.

With these essentials, anyone can be prepared for the day and can survive from now until summer break. Enjoy the rest of your semester, collegiettes!

I am a Public Relations major at the Pennsylvania State University. When I'm not writing for Her Campus, I enjoy watching the Office and volunteering at my local animal shelters.
Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.