6 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Go to Penn State

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

If you’re considering coming to Penn State, you probably should reconsider for the following reasons:

1. Football games are super boring.

We’re actually known for our lack of school pride and hardly anyone goes to games. Who even is our quarterback or our coach? 

2. THON isn’t the largest student-run philanthropy in the world.

Trust us, standing in the Bryce Jordan Center for those 46 hours is not inspirational at all. In fact, raising over 13 million dollars for pediatric cancer makes us pretty “pitiful.”

3. The campus is super ugly, and it’s definitely not worth posting a picture of it on your Instagram.

4. If you come here, you won’t get a job because our school is known for its unsuccessful graduates.  

Also, our alumni network is so small it’s very hard to network with previous graduates.

5. People don’t know how to have fun here. 

Our nickname is actually “Boring Valley” because of the lack of parties and nightlife.

6. The food at Penn State is horrible.

You must avoid the ice cream from The Berkey Creamery and Pokey Sticks from Gumby’s.

This university definitely isn’t the best school in the world. Believe us when we say that you won’t spend the best four years of your life at PSU.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Kelsie Ahern is a Sophomore at Penn State majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Art History. She has a love for everything fashion, french bull dogs, and a good brunch.
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.