This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

With a new year, comes a longer to-be-read (TBR) pile. My TBR shelf has been piling up for years, and even more so after some of my favorite authors have announced sequels and new projects.

I have a lot of books I’m excited to start reading from my TBR list, but the new releases that are coming out this year are definitely highly anticipated. 

If you enjoy the romance or fantasy genre, here are some of my long-awaited books from my TBR that I am eager to get my hands on.

Taming 7,” by Chloe Walsh

“Taming 7″ is the fifth book in Chloe Walsh’s series, “Boys of Tommen.” This is by far my most anticipated read for the year as I’ve been waiting for Walsh to write about this couple since I read the first book in the series.

This one follows Claire Biggs and Gerard Gibson, both best friends of the main characters in the first book, and I couldn’t be more excited. It’s a childhood best friends to lovers book (which I’m a sucker for) and the pining has been set up since book one of the series, so I have high hopes.

It will be released on April 16.

Nobody Like Us,” by Krista and Becca Ritchie

This one actually came out late January, so by the time you’re reading this, I have probably finished reading it. Nevertheless, it’s my second most anticipated book and since it did come out this year, I figured I’d include it. 

This is the last book that follows Luna Hale (daughter of Loren and Lily Hale from the “Addicted” series) and the final book in the “Like Us” series. This family is my absolute favorite from this big universe and I enjoy reading about the found family as much as the couple.

If you like romance, I can’t recommend these stories enough. There are a total of 25 books in this universe so you’re definitely set for the year if you chose to start.

Funny Story,” by Emily Henry

I don’t really know much about this book other than it’s a roommate romance, but Emily Henry never fails me so I’ll read anything she writes. I love and relate to a lot of her characters, so I don’t doubt I will love these new ones. 

This one comes out on April 23.

The Grandest Game,” by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

“The Grandest Game” is the fifth book in “The Inheritance Games” series and one of my favorite light reads. The world is so fun to read and follow as the characters as they encounter various puzzles and mysteries they must solve. 

I’m excited to see what Barnes has in store for them in this new installment. It’s releasing this summer on July 30.

Old flames and new fortunes,” by Sarah Hogle 

Once again, I’m not too sure about what the plot of this story is, but Sarah Hogle is another author that I would trust with my life. She wrote one of my favorite books, “You Deserve Each Other,” so I’ll continue to read her new releases in hopes of finding another favorite.

This one will also be released on April 23. If you need me I will be reading this and “Funny Story” all day.

Spectacular,” by Stephanie Garber

I think this is only going to be a novella and not a full novel. Nonetheless, I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

It is a holiday story that follows all the characters in the “Caraval” universe, which is home to one of my favorite literary characters, Donatella Dragna.

It’s set to be released on Oct. 22 (not to brag, but it’s a day after my birthday), and I can’t wait to get back into Dragna’s mind and see what she’s been up to.

I absolutely can’t wait to finally jump into these books. While I haven’t gotten to read these stories yet, I can definitely recommend picking up a book from one of these authors or starting some of the series mentioned in this list!

A third-year student at Penn State studying English with a passion for Journalism. When she is not writing, she is making Pinterest boards, painting, curled up with a good book or listening to Taylor Swift!