5 Ways To Treat Yourself This Semester As Told By Parks and Rec

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Every young collegiette knows the mid-semester can be rough. Sylly week is long gone, and yet break still seems out of reach. The responsibilities are piling up, and our schedules have become a never-ending cycle of work, some play and very little sleep.

With all the madness, it can be easy to forget a little thing called “you” time. You know, those moments you used to spend appreciating the fabulous human you are. Well, we’ve decided to bring it back.

In other words, collegiettes, it’s time to treat yo’ self.

So, how do you do it? We have a few ideas….

1. Add some color to your life.

Someone as vibrant as you deserves a product to match your brilliance. Try painting on a coat of Milani Color Statement Nail Lacquer to add vivid color and timeless beauty to your look. And check out Milani’s full line of cosmetics for luxurious formulas at affordable prices.

2. Work those jeans.

Every girl knows nothing inspires confidence faster than some killer denim. Celebrate your shining spirit and rock hard booty with a pair of Miss Me jeans. Not a denim girl? Check out their full line of sportswear, accessories, outerwear and more at missme.com.

3. Spread some smiles.

Nothing warms your heart faster than smiles from a stranger. So spread the love and do it with dazzle with Colgate Optic White. From their Express White toothpaste to their Optic White Toothbrush plus Whitening Pen, they have everything you need to brighten someone’s day.

4. Refresh your look.

We know your style is already on point, but there’s no denying every wardrobe could use a refresher. So where is one to go for the latest in fashion advice? Look no further than People StyleWatch. Showcasing street style for all sizes, skin stones, hair types and personalities, any collegiette will be able to find what she’s looking for.

5. Keep it simple.

As much as we love to dress up, sometimes less is more. With products like Simple® Cleansing Wipes, your long day of killing the game can end with a refreshing finish of multi-vitamins. No dyes, no artificial perfumes and no harsh chemicals are getting anywhere near your flawless complexion.

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.