courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
courtney cook uoHvtkDcH8M unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Things To Do When Home For The Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Stumped on how you should spend your well deserved winter break at home? Here are some ideas! 

See Your Friends From Home

If you are lucky enough to still be in touch with friends from high school, go see them! If there is a group of you that still all stay in touch, have a pot luck party where you all bring a dish and have a big dinner party! 

Spend Time With Your Family 

Even if they are dysfunctional, family can be the best part of the holidays! Sure, they might ask millions of questions about if you have a boyfriend or not and about what exactly you are going to do with your major, but it all comes with good intentions, and usually good food.

Shop

If you are anything like my family and I back at home, you understand the excitement of holiday shopping! Shopping during this season is great because you can find some great deals on Christmas gifts for friends and family! 

Make Some Money

Like many, I spend some of my Christmas break working a seasonal job! Picking up some hours here and there over your break is a great way to boost your bank account before returning for the next semester! 

Relax

It is safe to say that this time of year causes some serious stress for some of us. After stressing over final exams and projects in the weeks leading up to holiday breaks, take some time for yourself and relax! 

Maggie is a Sophomore at Penn State University, majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Digital Media Trends and Analytics. She is from a small town in South Central Pennsylvania, aka the middle of nowhere. When she is not acting as an Assistant Editor for Her Campus PSU you can find her watching sitcoms, perfecting her skills as a barista, and spreading the word about the importance of gender equality! You can find her on Instagram @maggie.mattson and Twitter @maggiemattson13.
Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.